Get new similar jobs by email for
Sr Program Manager, Consumer G...
Come join the hardest working, not-for-profit health plan in California and help deliver our mission to ensure all Californians have access to high-quality health care at an affordable price. Blue Shield of California was founded in 1939 by a group of physicians who believed that everyone should be able to afford a visit to their doctor. More than 70 years later, Blue Shield now serves 3.3 million members, and is the first health plan in the nation to limit our annual net income to 2 percent of revenue and pledge to return the difference to our customers and the community with the board of directors' approval. We returned more than $475 million in 2011. We also believe that a healthier California begins with our employees, so we provide them with resources to develop and maintain a healthy lifestyle through our award-winning wellness program, Wellvolution. In 2012, we were named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies. Since 2005, the company has contributed more than $170 million to the Blue Shield of California Foundation, one of BusinessWeek's most generous corporate foundations.
This is a senior-level staff position reporting directly to the Vice President & General Manager of the Senior Market Segment. This position plays a vital role in promoting, supporting and implementing the goals and interests of the line of business and its respective leadership teams interacting frequently with other Vice Presidents, Directors, and other Blue Shield executives both within the new Markets organization and in other stakeholder organizations such as Customer Quality, HCQA, Star Program, Revenue Management and other functional support organizations. The Senior Program Manager, Business Effectiveness is responsible for a wide range of duties that impacts the health of the entire Senior Markets business; supporting the business goals, culture and interests both internally and externally as well as advising the Vice President on matters that impact the business.
• Responsible for the foundational fix and growth initiatives.
• Provide strategic advice and support to VP on matters relating to Market growth and foundational fix - remediating operational gaps to achieve permanent, long-term solutions.
• Support VP in management and implementation of strategic initiatives and projects within the Market and company-wide related to fixing the foundation and to growth objectives.
• Serve as the Market's project leader and management of all special projects impacting the specific Market.
• Coordinate the management process for the VP including input and reports from cross-organizational teams.
• Facilitate meetings and workshops for the Leadership Team and other groups.
• Provide recommendations and facilitate sales talent acquisition and development.
• Serve as point person for driving and facilitating yearly Market strategic planning as it pertains to the growth and foundation fix components (working jointly with the business Chief of Staff who is on point for this initiative).
• Act as the liaison between the VP and corporate leadership team(s) when appropriate to ensure representation of the Market and the VP.
• Represent the VP at internal and external meetings as appropriate.
• Develop and manage Market's internal communications on behalf of the VP and leadership ensuring consistency of message, coordinated timelines, etc.
• Manage development of executive presentations and speaking points for Market presentations and meetings.
• Reviews pending publications and purchases, oversees the development of written correspondences, and reports.
• Work with various stakeholders to identify causes of market issues, facilitates needed investigations, analyzes data and related findings, and develops reports incorporating conclusions and detailed recommendations.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience working directly with or reporting to senior leadership at the VP level or above preferred; minimum of 5 years in a health plan organization preferred.
• Excellent influence and engagement skills in building alignment and accountability without formal ownership or authority over resources.
• Ability to build strong and sustainable relationships and the capability to interact within all levels of the organization.
• Ability to work cooperatively and strategically in a team environment with all levels of professional, technical and administrative staff and to integrate resources on a timely and organized basis.
• Acumen to handle complex situations and multiple responsibilities simultaneously with the urgency of immediate demands on the operations.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to present information clearly and concisely to various audiences.
• Ability to deal with highly confidential information and act as a liaison between the VP and other constituencies, both internal and external to Blue Shield.
Blue Shield of California is committed to remaining a drug-free work place. All positions require a pre-employment background investigation and drug screen. Blue Shield of California is an Equal Opportunity Employer - EEO/MF/disabled/veteran.