Get new similar jobs by email for
Sr. SAN Engineer
Sr. Storage Engineer for an enterprise environment of 3000+ servers globally with 30,000 users and 300+ domain controllers. Engineer large SAN solutions including; but no limited to Compellent, NetApp, and EMC Storage Area Networks. Storage solutions include Responsible for Storage Engineering, performance optimization, replication, de-duplication, backup, life cycle management for enterprise storage platforms. Will also handle refining and maintaining enterprise storage platforms and ensuring compliance with security policies and audit procedures. Leads or participates in end to end enterprise storage engineering projects including;
· Oversees the review, recommendation and implementation of new enterprise SAN technologies.
· Guiding storage technology roadmaps.
· Engineer successful SAN solutions of either Compellent or NetApp CDOT Clustered Data ONTAP 8 SAN
· Build bullet proof SAN Solutions directed to support numerous SQL Server Databases, Data Warehouses, Exchange and SharePoint clusters in addition to the entire 1000+ VMWare server architecture.
· Plan the evolution migration and technology refresh migrating from Dell SCSI SAN Switches to Cisco UCS Blades with VMware, Windows, Linux, and UNIX.
· Replication performance: NetApp Snap mirror, Flex clone management tools and Database replication with double take to replicate to hot site.
· Design & facilitate engineering of highly scalable, flexible, rock solid SAN solutions.
· Support evolution migrations to newer shelves / densities / vintages. Tech Refresh to fiber SAN solutions and / or Cisco UCS platform.
· Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience required.
· Expert with storage sizing, performance and high availability. Knowledge of storage engineering and the concepts of file systems, disk partitions, mounts, quotas, mirroring and sizing.
· Experience with SAN engineering in a diverse storage environment; Dell Compellent SAN, NetApp 7mode clusters and Netapp 8 CDOT SAN, as well as EMC SAN.
· Experience with Dell Compellent Performance optimization tools and engineering suite.
· Proven background engineering directed SAN architectures supporting VMWare enterprises and Large SQL and Oracle Database environments. (Works well with those teams to engineer solutions that stand.)
· 5+ years of NetApp 6040 storage experience, working with various Snap software components and hardware models – NetApp FAS 6040, NetApp 3200/3100.
· Experience with NetApp’s Manageability Software (Operations Mgr, Provisioning Mgr, Protection Mgr).
· Expert knowledge of SAN (fabric attached architectures).
· Experience with Fiber Channel SAN Switches, Channel Directors, fabric interconnect, and FCOE.
· VMware ESX, vSphere experience. Familiarity w blade servers Dell, HP or Cisco UCS a plus.
· Solid understanding on Windows and Linux Operating systems on physical and ESX virtual environments
· Windows: good knowledge of windows platform versions. Understand AD/GPO security concepts.
· Networking: knowledge of Ethernet, IP, DNS and NIS associated daemons.