Get new similar jobs by email for
Sr. Storage Engineer – Dell Co...
Sr. Storage Engineer – Dell Compellent SAN Solution Architect -ITmPowered
Sr. Storage Engineer for an enterprise environment of 3000+ servers globally with 30,000 users and 300+ domain controllers. Heterogeneous SAN environment. Heavy emphasis on large DELL Compellent SAN Architectures. Responsible for Storage Engineering, performance optimization, replication, de-duplication, backup, life cycle management for enterprise storage platforms. Will also handle refining and maintaining enterprise storage platforms and ensuring compliance with security policies and audit procedures.Leads or participates in end to end enterprise storage engineering projects including;
· Oversees the review, recommendation and implementation of new enterprise SAN technologies.
· Guiding storage technology roadmaps.
· Engineer successful SAN environments using DELL Compellent SAN platforms.
· Specialized SAN Storage engineering and architectural level including installation, configuration, upgrading, updating and troubleshooting of large multi-site, multi-domain server environments.
· Build bullet proof SAN Solutions directed to support numerous SQL Server Databases, Data Warehouses, Exchange, SharePoint clusters in addition to 1000+ VMWare server architecture.
· Design & facilitate engineering of highly scalable, flexible, rock solid SAN solutions.
· Support evolution migrations to newer shelves / densities / vintages. Tech Refresh to fiber SAN solutions and / or Cisco UCS platform.
· 10 plus years of intensive experience in managing an enterprise-class SAN within global environments.
· Extensive experience with Dell Compellent architecture, design, and implementation.
· Proven ability to architect, design, engineer, deploy and optimize complex DELL Compellent SAN storage infrastructures
· Performance tuning and optimizing the DELL Compellent SAN Storage environment using; Storage Center Architecture, Replay Manager, Storage Center Management, Enterprise Manager reporting, Boot from SAN, etc.
· Experience monitoring and conducting performance analysis of the Dell Compellent SAN for capacity monitoring tool to determine the bottlenecks of the storage provisioning
· Expert knowledge of SAN (fabric attached architectures).
· Experience with Fiber Channel SAN Switches (Force10/Brocade/Cisco), Channel Directors, fabric interconnect, and FCOE.
· Ability to successfully conduct data Deduplication, Compression, Data Reduction, etc.
· Expert with storage sizing, performance and high availability. Knowledge of storage engineering and the concepts of file systems, disk partitions, mounts, quotas, mirroring and sizing.
· Proven background engineering directed SAN architectures supporting VMWare enterprises and Large SQL and Oracle Database environments. (Works well with teams to engineer solutions that stand.)
· Monitor and conduct performance analysis of the Dell Compellent SAN monitoring tool to determine the bottlenecks of the storage provisioning.
· VMware ESX, vSphere experience. Familiarity w blade servers Dell, HP or Cisco UCS a plus.
· Windows: good knowledge of windows server OS versions - AD/GPO security concepts.
· Should know basic IP security structures regarding disk and tape storage.
· Don’t be a jerk. Know when and how to put sand on the beach with other teammates, groups, managers.