Inovalon develops cutting-edge software solutions that are helping to revolutionize the Healthcare Informatics industry. We are seeking technical professionals with advanced leadership skills to join our tight-knit team in our headquarters located in Bowie, MD. This is an opportunity to work with fellow best-in-class developers to deploy new Business Solutions utilizing the latest technologies from vendors such as Microsoft. This position requires strong leadership talents plus an instinctive, problem-solving mentality and experience conceptualizing and creating out-of-the-box solutions. Working in an Agile environment, we are engaged in construction of new solutions and continuous optimization of our current products. We promote an upbeat and effective team environment within the fast-growing IT Healthcare Informatics industry.
- Responsible for software development implementations, taking high-level requirements and producing robust solutions, within predefined timelines, scope limitations, and in accordance with Agile SDLC methodology;
- Develop functionality / processes involving T-SQL, C#/ASP.NET, WPF, WCF, SOA implementations
- Create design patterns and data structures to be used by product software development team to build data analytics solutions for clients in the healthcare industry
- Interface with the business operations and product teams for technical specifications; and Participate in customer support processes.
- Develop solutions / processes, using T-SQL, involving DDL & DML in large database environments [500+Gb database size / 500+ million record tables].
- Develop reporting solutions, using SSRS and/or Crystal Report technologies
- Responsible for research, planning, estimation, design, while ensuring that customizations and integration components are meeting the business needs;
- Provide training on coding standards and best practices to team members; and produce quality, tested, and documented code.
- Act as a mentor to team members and aid in adherence to established coding techniques and standards
- Adhere to all confidentiality and HIPAA requirements as outlined within Inovalon’s Operating Policies and Procedures
- 8 to 11 years experience developing data driven applications C#, SmartClient/WinForms, ASP.NET, XML, Web Services, WCF, WPF, LINQ, multi-threaded programming. .NET 3.5 experience required
- 3+ years experience developing in Visual Studio 2005 or later.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in report development (utilizing Crystal Reports, SQL Server Reporting Services, or others);
- Minimum of 2 years experience in active adherence to SDLC methodologies such as Agile or Incremental; Working knowledge of Scrum is a plus.
- Minimum of 2 years hands-on experience developing T-SQL objects in large database environments [500+Gb database size / 500+ million record tables]
- Proven understanding of OOAD, design patterns, and application development processes and practices with focus on reusability, extensibility, and performance;
- MS degree or foreign equivalent in computer science, engineering, or related field, plus 3 yrs of experience in Information Technology (IT) field. Alternatively, will accept BS degree or foreign equivalent in computer science, engineering, or related field, plus 5 yrs of experience in IT.
- Minimum of 1 year experience as a mentor to junior/mid-level colleague(s)
- Experience working with medical claims datasets and components, including CPT, HCPCS, ICD9 Diag. & Procedures, DRG, Revenue codes, POS, Specialty Taxonomy, Lab, Pharmacy and respective data structures is a plus.
Inovalon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Inovalon complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.