Software Engineer, Senior (Systems Engineer Grade E05)
Position ID: 170
Period of Performance: now through March 31, 2015
Permission to work in the United States is required; U.S. citizenship is preferred
All candidates must be able to pass a National Agency Clearance with Inquires (NACI) screening
Valador has an immediate opening for a Software Engineer, Senior (Systems Engineer Grade E05) The EOSDIS is a core capability in NASA’s Earth Science Data Systems Program. EOSDIS provides end-to-end capabilities for managing NASA’s Earth science data from various sources – satellites, aircraft, field measurements, and various other programs. For the EOS satellite missions, EOSDIS provides capabilities for command and control, scheduling, data capture and initial processing. The development and maintenance of the EOSDIS website is led by the NASA EOSDIS Evolution & Development (EED) project.
- As a member of the team you will participate in the design and development of the next generation application platform for the NASA EED program. Internally this role is one of a DevOps engineer.
- Ensure compliance to various program/project and NASA standards and requirements as well as the legal requirements of (SEC-508).
- Ensure industry best practices and assets are leveraged when necessary.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of application hosting, with 3-5 years of experience using virtual machines in an Infrastructure as a Service (IAAS) or Platform as Service (PAAS) environment.
- 5-8 years of in-depth experience in designing and implementing, and supporting infrastructures and operations. Focus on high availability of hardware, data replication, and providing real-time recovery in failure situations
- 5-8 years of experience with the *NIX-based operating systems..
- 2+ years of operational experience with a public cloud-based application or architecture (Amazon Web Services, RackSpace, Azure, etc.)
- Must have proven ability to manage, prioritize, and execute multiple concurrent software development project activities.
- Energetic, self motivated, team player that is comfortable using collaboration and open communications.
- Must possess the ability to assess architecture and current system limitations.
- Experience with private and/or hybrid cloud computing/architectures, especially Eucalyptus or OpenStack.
- Knowledge and understanding of hardware and networking equipment design.
- Experience with full life cycle Software design and development experience on large/complex n-tier client/server applications, as well as experience working within an Agile development environment.
- Experience deploying applications developed in Java, Ruby on Rails or Clojure.
- Experience deploying code to virtual machines or cloud-based architetures using best-of-breed software packages for CI (continuous integration)/CD (continuous deployment) tools. Examples of tools are Capistrano, Bamboo, Puppet, Ansible, Chef, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Good experience in preparing IT technical documents.
Valador is committed to work life balance and offers a competitive benefits package to include 100% employer paid premiums on medical and dental benefits, tuition assistance, 401K and more.
If you are interested in joining Valador’s high-performance team, please submit your resume to: http://valador.appone.com .
Valador is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer by choice.
About ValadorHeadquartered in Herndon, Virginia, Valador, Inc. is a Verified Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that delivers powerful solutions for collecting, maintaining, visualizing, and protecting its clients’ information. The company focuses on five key business areas — Modeling and Simulation, IT Products & Services, Information Assurance, Management Consulting, and Software Engineering. It employs innovative solutions such and the use of 3D immersive visualization to address its clients’ complex challenges, such as decision support, strategic planning, risk management, safety and reliability, assessment of alternatives, and information security.
For more information visit our website at www.valador.com