As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.
With approximately 21,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.
General Dynamics Information Technology is one of four business units of the General Dynamics Information Systems and Technology business segment. Headquartered in Fairfax, Va., General Dynamics Information Technology has major offices worldwide. More information about General Dynamics Information Technology is available at www.gdit.com.
***Active TS Clearance Required***
GDIT is currently recruiting for a Sr. Software Engineer in Quantico, VA.
The candidate will be expected to resolve challenges, or to determine specific technical limitations that must be overcome in order to proceed with the objectives provided.
* Provide software programming, integration, and support for multiple custom built Linux Boot CDs that provide the capability to boot a Linux system which supports the customer's forensic requirements on a subject computer. The CDs support the following: DriveQuest, ImageScan, and the Linux Boot CD.
* Python, PERL, Shell Scripting, GUI Development, and GTK. Must have the ability to compile/make files and create RPMs. The candidate must have a working knowledge of UNIX OS (esp LINUX Fedora).
* Test and validate his/her own software code to verify that it reasonably meets functionality requirements and is free of errors. Implemented functionality will be provided to a test and validation team external to the development group.
* Builds and codes applications and/or models using various computer programming languages.
* Plans, develops, tests, and documents highly complex applications programs.
* Generates new code and corrects, converts, and/or modifies existing code to meet specifications.
* Prepares detailed specifications from which code will be written.
* Confers with end-users to analyze specified methods and procedures, identify problems, and document specific requirements.
* Provides input to staff involved in writing and updating technical documentation such as users manuals, product specifications, and training materials.
* Performs a variety of testing procedures on assigned products, analyzes test results, and corrects problems.
* Prepares reports on analyses, findings, and project progress, and presents results to management and/or customer personnel.
* Performs research on emerging technologies to determine impact on application execution.
* Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced programmers, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
Educaiton and Experience:
* Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
* 8-10 years of directly related computer programming experience