Under general direction, investigates and assists in the pre-sales development process for Johnson Control’s product lines on all project types (including Plan and Spec, Design/Build and negotiated Owner Scope Sales) and, as directed by Regional Sales Management, provides Technical Sales Assistance to an opportunity currently in the Sales Process. May act as the Lead Systems Development Engineer in the Region if deemed appropriate by management.
1. Front-line direct Sales Support for Major Project Sales Team. Administers the installed systems development process in the Region. Teaches and reinforces methodology and skills used to collect, analyze and present designs, scopes and cost estimates. Provides input to the sales management organization for opportunity prioritization, qualification and requirements for use of developers on projects. Coordinates pre-bid and pre-book estimate reviews and manages the estimate data through the booking process and release meeting.
2. Provides Johnson Controls Fire and Security and other third party system and network development for owner and installation sales teams. Uses available tools to assemble detailed applications for the customer contract, including the initial sales file in Project File Manager (PFM), engineering designs, materials lists, and subcontractor bids as necessary.
3. Reviews application and estimate with salesperson and appropriate operations team to get mutual agreement on application. Develops consensus/buy-in from Sales and Operations teams before presentation to customer.
4. Provides scope definition and systems development direction for outside vendors and suppliers, mechanical and electrical subcontractors including scope, terms and conditions, bid forms, and contract reviews. Maintains relationships with key individuals to ensure preferred pricing where possible. Investigates local efforts with Integrated Supplier Organizations to obtain best available pricing for project estimates.
5. Works in concert with the Region Installation Manager to select, train, and certify subcontractors and to develop standardized subcontract request packages.
6. Assist in identifying specification issues or interpretation discrepancies and providing solutions to resolve. Develops control schematics, scope and cost estimate for owner sales system installation projects. Works with salesperson to develop understanding of customer requirements, critical Regions and needs. Develops common orientation of job scope and details. Performs site-surveys in existing buildings to inspect overall operation of control systems and unique job considerations for construction.
7. Performs detailed engineering or cost impact analysis to quantify cost savings or other customer benefits. Assists in technical or financial benchmarking as needed. Leads in the development of customer baselines.
8. Consults with Sales and Operations team to appropriately assess risk
9. Facilitates training for Region personnel on estimating tool sets. Maintains Region estimating database with current MTC and current material pricing. Ensures the adherence to the Systems Development process and use of standard tools and software for sales performing their own estimates.
10. Interfaces with the Region Engineering team to update all libraries with current applications. Advises the Region Engineering Team on additional systems needed in the library. Is responsible for creating and maintaining the technical sales library and links to the AIM tools whenever appropriate.
11. Acts as a liaison between Sales and Region Core Engineering team to assess the strengths and weaknesses of selected products and product applications on the preferred vendor list to provide consistent and timely feedback to central purchasing.Evaluates value-engineering options to the controls and mechanical systems.