Get new similar jobs by email for
Sr. Systems Engineer
Senior Systems Engineer
• Provide implementation guidance, best practices information, and detailed product feature specifications to support integration into cloud-based Exchange services based in the LandWarNet Network Operations (NetOps) Architecture (LNA).
• Draft white papers providing recommendations concerning technical situations such as, but not limited to, desktop and network services, access controls, PKI infrastructure, interfacing, or other issues relating to EE delivery requiring further evaluation and solution development.
• Provide Tier 2/3 and EDS-P support services support for migration services based upon established guidance.
• Review and recommend technical modifications to existing documentation supporting the EE migration environments.
• Provide technical documentation needed to complete and sustain any relevant changes to DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP), security boundary extension, and networthiness.
• Review and document technical modifications to existing documentation supporting multiple client and network baseline configuration variables on both NIPRNET and SIPRNET occurring in EE migration environments.
• Provide Configuration Management Control and Release Engineering Support. The Contractor shall load, configure, and analyze applicable configurations and software patches in a Government-provided baseline standardized test environment.
• Support the implementation of new EE-specific technologies, (e.g., NETOPS capabilities, Service Delivery dashboard integration).
• Perform risk mitigation activities as part of change/configuration management to ensure smooth implementation of systems, services, and application of new automation capabilities.
• Draft technical migration TTPs supporting implementation of EE as the end-state messaging service. The Contractor shall publish approved technical TTPs to the OPT Dashboard for migration efforts, and maintain these as references for sustainment.
• Develop and maintain technically-focused FAQ, Fault Isolation Guides, and Lessons Learned on the OPT portal supporting EE implementation and sustainment of services. The items posted shall be key-word-searchable
Required Education and Experience
• Ability to obtain and maintain a US Government Secret security clearance.
• Security+ CE, or GSEC, or SSCP IA Certifications
• BS degree in Engineering, Math, or Computer Science.
• 6 to 12 years’ experience as a Senior System Engineer.
• Obtain Microsoft Certified Information Technology Professional (MCITP) certification within 6 months from hire.
Preferred Education and Experience
• Active US Government Secret security clearance.
• MS degree in Engineer, Math, or Computer Science.
• Expertise in programming languages to include but not limited to Visual Basic, html, and Power Shell. Understand programming required to access Microsoft based systems to include Vista, Windows 7 32bit and Windows 7 64 bit Knowledgeable as to the strengths and weaknesses of the different languages in evaluating the proper tool used for development.
• Individual should understand and be able to implement Software Development Lifecycle principals.