Location: South Jordan, UT
Allegiance is delivering the world’s best technology to help our clients capitalize on their “Voice of Customer”. If you’re looking for a Silicon Valley startup culture without relocating, Allegiance is for you. Our fun working atmosphere and “A” team are just the tip of the awesomeness. Aside from the typical benefits such as Medical, Dental, and 401k, you also get the following:
- Fully stocked break room with healthy and not so healthy options.
- Pool Table, Ping Pong, and Foosball.
- Open PTO policy
If you’re an A Player and feel you have what it takes to make a positive impact in a fun growing company, follow the steps to apply below.
The Sr. Systems Engineer will work in a highly dynamic environment as a member of the Systems Operations team. This position reports to the Director of Systems Operations. The successful candidate will work closely with the Database Administration, QA, and Development teams, and will be responsible for working with our managed datacenters to predict and maintain the scalability, health, instrumentation, and alerting of the Allegiance SaaS platform.
- New client setup, former client decommissioning
- Work with managed datacenter teams to ensure projects are moving forward and on time
- Work with internal teams to identify and eliminate bottlenecks in our platform
- Work with on premise clients when needed (usually phone-based)
- Coordinate migrations of on premise clients to SaaS as needed
- Resolve trouble tickets as reported by customer support and internal teams in a timely fashion
- Create scripts to automate repetitive tasks and monitor the platform
- Implement and maintain monitoring and instrumentation of the Allegiance Voice and Engage7 SaaS platform
- Project growth and assist Director in determining when to add capacity
- Maintain daily system operations blog
- Perform day-to-day system administration tasks as needed
- Investigate and recommend tools and products which can assist in our daily workflow
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2
- Strong knowledge of IIS 7.5
- Knowledge and understanding of networking including VLANs, subnets, TCP/IP, and firewalls
- Knowledge of security best practices regarding Windows and IIS
- Knowledge of VMWare ESX
- Scripting in at least one Windows-based language such as PowerShell, VBScript, etc.
- Experience with .NET Framework 3.5/4.0 applications and instrumentation
- Familiarity with Windows Server 2012 and IIS 8.0
- Familiarity with SQL Server 2008 R2 and basic database administration tasks
- Knowledge of SNMP and WMI
- Knowledge of Windows Performance Monitor/performance counters
- Ability to clearly communicate
- Ability to explain technical jargon and complex concepts to non-technical people
- Ability to take ownership and drive projects to completion
- Experience with software in a Service Oriented Architecture or SaaS model
- Experience working in a SaaS/SOA environment or large, multi-client environment
- Basic knowledge of Exchange, SMTP, DNS, TCP/IP, Active Directory
- Experience in a regulated sector such as HIPAA, SOX, GLBA desired
Education and Experience:
- Microsoft MCP in Windows Server technologies desired; Microsoft MCSE or MCITP preferred
- 3-5 years relevant job experience required
Qualified candidates submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference the Sr. Systems Engineer position.