About Dealertrack Technologies
Established in 2001, Dealertrack and its web-based software solutions and services enhance efficiency and profitability for all major segments of the automotive retail industry, including dealers, lenders, OEMs, third-party retailers, agents, and aftermarket providers.
Looking forward, we see an extraordinarily promising future for our company and industry. Wouldn't you like to be part of it?
Sr Technical Business Analyst
Lake Success, NY 11020
- Job Type:
- Career Level:
- Job Category:
General/Other: Business/Strategic Management
- Reference Code:
The Senior Technical Business Analyst conducts requirements analysis and defines product integration and workflow details to develop system specifications/user stories for electronic registration and titling (ERT) solutions; Gathers information from key stakeholders including: Business Managers, DMV Partners, and Technology teams and liaisons between business and technical departments to progressively elaborate requirements and specifications for enhancements and new products and services; Manages Specifications through all steps of assigned projects.
- Critically evaluates information gathered from multiple sources, reconciles conflicts, decomposes high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish the underlying true needs of customers from user requests.
- Proactively communicates and collaborates with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following artifacts as needed: Functional requirements (Business Requirements Document), User Stories and System Interface designs.
- Works with project managers and other role leads to develop and track project plans from inception to delivery to ensure requirements are delivered as scheduled.
- Serves as the requirements conduit between the customer community (internal and external), DMV and Association partners, and the software development team.
- Leads functional specification reviews, evaluates and incorporates feedback in order to obtain specification approvals.
- Works closely with product analysts to understand, define and implement new product strategic requirements.
- Works closely with technical team, to communicate requirements and facilitate solution design.
Requires Knowledge and Skills
- 5 - 7 years of experience as a technical business analyst
- Computer Science or related degree
- Strong Experience with systems integration development projects
- Experience in participating on teams using Agile Methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban.
- Experience as Scrum Master role a plus
- Proven ability to work with business units and understand business needs.
- Ability to work in fast paced and dynamic development environment.
- Good decision making and problem resolution skills with strong attention to detail.
- Good team and interpersonal skills with the ability to work cross-functionally. Strong Team Player.
- Proven thought leader who understands how to drive out which requirements provide the highest business value.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio. Working knowledge of other Agile Scrum roles such as Product Owner and Scrum Master.
- Experience on software development teams engaging in modern Agile development practices.