Every day, the world's economy sees enormous sums of money change hands. Person to person. Business to business. Nation to nation. At all levels that business is being done, money moves. Securely. Reliably. Round the clock. And, at the heart of it all is SWIFT. A community of over 10,000 financial organizations in 210 countries, linked together by one of the world's most stable and scalable financial messaging systems. SWIFT is how the world exchanges financial information. And you could be part of it.
As a Test Engineer in the Regression Test Bed (RTB) team within Technology Operations, your primary focus is to write and execute test cases, with medium to high complexity, to test the SWIFT core messaging applications and infrastructure, in line with standards and procedures, and with guidance of lead engineer or manager.
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Develop and/or control the development of test specifications/test cases/ sets of regression tests, for new networking hardware/new and enhanced software release of applications in an accurate and timely manner.
- Develop test schedules and ensure follow-through so that deadlines for completion are met.
- Participate in requirements/design reviews of new products to ensure testability and become acquainted with new products.
- May propose and lead the implementation of process improvement efforts.
- Supervise test execution and verification/validation phase, follow-up all problems captured/reported; provide input for reports and follow-up change requests.
- May propose and lead the development of test automation tools.
- May guide a small team
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 4+ years of experience within a testing or development environment.
- Professional experience with UNIX operating systems (HP-UX is preferred )
- Strong ORACLE RDBMS knowledge
- Awareness of ORACLE database tuning best practices
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot database related problems
- Experience with writing, optimizing and debugging PL/SQL program units
- Knowledge of scripting languages, preferably ksh, Perl, and TCL
- Experience with ClearCase source management
- Understanding of SWIFT applications is preferred
- Competitive salary and bonus with exceptional benefits /100% company paid Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Excellent training and career development opportunities
- Career Advancement
- 4 weeks paid vacation & 12 Holidays
- Friendly, professional, stable working environment where one can grow in their career
- Casual/Professional Environment
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Company Paid Gym Membership
- Company Functions & Community Outreach Programs
SWIFT is an Equal Opportunity Employer