Get new similar jobs by email for
The Staff Accountant applies principles of accounting to record, analyze and monitor financial information and prepare financial reports.
Representative Responsibilities - Division Accountant:
· Reconciles accounts and statistical data and fully analyzes financial statements in accordance with GAAP and company policy.
· Analyzes financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital, and prepares balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize current and projected company financial position.
· Assists in the development of budgets, forecasts and variance reports as required by management.
· Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare journal entries and document business transactions. Prepares monthly and quarterly operational performance reports.
· Monitors capital expenditures, prepares CER's, and reports compliance with capital budgets to division management.
· Assists Senior Accountants in reviewing month end financials, and conducting monthly variance analysis.
· Complete monthly account reconciliations.
· Documents and coordinates implementation of accounting and control procedures. Devises, implements, and obtains approval for general accounting processes. Confirms the effectiveness of internal control procedures.
· Gathers and provides information to support regulatory audits and tax filings.
· Ensures that information is complete, accurate and timely and in accordance with company guidelines.
· Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
· Either (1) Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or closely related field and one year related accounting experience OR (2) five years related accounting experience.
· Experience in a multi-operating location structure.
· MBA and/or CPA designation.