Meridian Consultants is seeking Planners for our Westlake, California office. Experience and/or a familiarity with preparing CEQA and/or NEPA documents, and urban and coastal planning is desired.
- Interact with various members of public agency and private client staff on all matters related to land use planning, CEQA/NEPA compliance, and land development/entitlements.
- Promote a culture of teamwork, engagement, quality service, and customer satisfaction to our public and private clients.
- Assist with the preparation of Initial Studies, Negative Declarations, Mitigated Negative Declarations, EIRs, EAs and EISs, and other comprehensive environmental documents.
- Provide background research for a variety of topics related to complex municipal planning projects and private land development projects.
- Assist with the preparation of all levels of CEQA/NEPA.
- Enhance Meridian Consultants’ professional reputation and demonstrate the ability to be creative and innovative with these tasks while representing Meridian Consultants in a professional manner.
- Work closely with the Principal(s) and Senior Program Manager to promote our business interests in adherence with the company’s mission, vision, and values.
Candidates should hold a BA/BS degree in environmental science, urban planning, or a related discipline. The successful candidate will possess at least 2 years’ experience in government land use planning, land development/entitlements, urban design, and business development; strong communication, writing, and presentation skills are also required. A master’s degree is preferred. AICP registration is desired.
The position is located is our Westlake Village office near the west San Fernando Valley. Meridian Consultants offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that reflects our commitment to our employees. Our benefits include a 401(k) salary deferral plan, medical and dental insurance, vision care, paid vacation, sick leave, paid holidays, and group life insurance.
Applicants must submit a resume with cover letter and salary history to be considered.
For more information on Meridian Consultants, visit our website at www.meridianconsultantsllc.com