Get new similar jobs by email for
Staff Software Development Lif...
Staff Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) Tools Engineer
The Sunnyvale SDLC Tools Lead is essentially a Technical Manager position responsible for upgrading the tools and skills of a local software development support team through rapid adoption of automated solutions such as: advanced CI configurations, automated deployments, automated test setup, release management and automated system configuration management.
The SDLC Tools Lead is the technical expert for our local software tools support team, and will collaborate with the Sr. Development Manager to create and deliver a roadmap of tooling and process improvements which will radically improve the ability of multiple Software Development teams to develop, deploy, track, validate, and release their software application projects with lightning speed.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
Take an active, leading role in attacking current process stumbling blocks which derail efficient delivery of a developer’s code changes into the eager hands of our customers. Work cross-functionally with a global organization to resolve lab equipment inventory problems in an automated and sustainable manner. Deliver pre-emptive monitoring and alerting solutions for our critical infrastructure systems that allow us to proactively correct errors before development/validation/release activities are impacted. Implement fully automated solutions for building and rebuilding virtual test systems.
Minimum Required Skills:
• Bachelor's, Computer Science or Information Technology equivalent experience.
• Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
• Demonstrated understanding of the code/build/deploy/test/release cycle, and the critical role that CI plays within it.
• Key Software Experience:
• Git (required); Subversion/Perforce considered a bonus.
• Linux Administration (Expert administrator required; Ubuntu preferred).
• Windows Administration (Power user or better).
• Jenkins/Hudson administration and configuration.
• Automated System Configuration Management (Chef preferred).
• Systems Monitoring (Nagios preferred).
• Basic networking configuration and troubleshooting (required).
• You don’t need a manual to set an IP address on anything.
• You know when to use nslookup, arp, netstat, tcpdump, and ping – and how to analyze the results.
• Virtual Infrastructure skills and experience (VMWare and QEMU).
• Maintenance and troubleshooting of virtual machines and networks.
• Scripting and Automation of Tasks.
• Experience with programming in Python, Ruby (preferred), Perl.
The ideal candidate shall have deep skills in Systems Administration (including in-depth knowledge of at least one scripting language) and be proactive, creative and hard-working with a passion for simplifying and supporting the Software Development Lifecycle as part of a service organization. Some leadership experience is required, but this position is intended to bring new ideas, tools, and processes into our group that will directly improve our ability to rapidly develop, validate, and release multiple software projects within multiple Scrum teams.
Spirent is its employees. Finding the flexible path to help you realize your passion and ambition is central to our success as a global leader in test and measurement. At Spirent we work together to find the right route to develop your skills and experience, nurturing your curious spirit to find new solutions for our customers and extend your own knowledge. We help you push the boundaries in a culture that gives you the freedom to innovate. Working at the frontiers of next generation technologies opens up new opportunities all the time. And of course life outside work changes too. So we make sure your career path flexes to keep you going in the right direction and at the right speed. Are you innovative enough to work at Spirent?