The Retail Equation is a small fast-paced software company that services the retail industry building cutting edge fraud detection and consumer behavior predictive models. We work with over 25 top tier national retailers and collect over 100 million rows of data per day. We have an open position for an experienced analytics professional with SAS experience to be based in the Irvine, CA office.
The candidate will be responsible for analysis for our 25 national retail clients. Key job elements:
- Developing predictive models to detect fraud and predict customer behavior.
- Work with very large data sets
- Develop, maintain, and perform general data analysis utilizing SAS
- Assisting clients with product performance questions
- Monitoring and improving current processes
- Presenting results from these analyses to management, communicating issues to and from clients, and coordinating resolution of those issues.
- Monitoring the system’s business performance and identifying areas for improvement and assisting in the identification and tracking of issues
Key skills for this position include:
- Degree with coursework in statistics (MS/PhD preferred although a BS with experience will be considered)
- Experience working in an analytics position for at least 2 years
- SAS proficiency is a must (2+ years of work experience using SAS)
- Demonstrated ability to apply statistical knowledge to analyze data with SAS to identify trends, outliers, develop/evaluate predictive models, create reports, automate processes
- Demonstrated ability to build models and utilize statistical methods such as: logistic regression, linear regression, regression trees, non-linear methods, neural networks and other modeling techniques
- Knowledge of working with large datasets
- Proficiency in PowerPoint & Excel
- Good verbal an writing communication skills
- Ability and willingness to work with a team
- Strong time management skills and proven ability to work on time-sensitive deliverables