Education Affiliates provides educational programs that deliver real-life career skills in high demand occupations that lead to employment upon graduation and a lifetime of personal growth.
JOB DESCRIPTION Instructor
Reports to: Program Director or DOE Position Summary: The Instructor provides updated and fully prepared instruction to students, actively engages in retention activities and manages the classroom/lab activities. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provides each student course syllabi on the first day of class.· Grades tests, projects, and other assignments in a required timeframe.· Records and maintains accurate student attendance and grade records.· Participates in student activities such as serving as club advisors, if asked.· Completes midterm evaluations for each student halfway through the term. · Reports need for supplies and computer equipment to manager.· Is aware of the school catalog, faculty handbook, and student handbook, and understands all the procedures and expectations stated within it as well as policies stated therein.· Participates in the evaluation of textbooks and other instructional materials.· Is accountable for all equipment, textbooks, instructor’s manuals, software, tapes, CD, etc. being used for the current term.· Submits final grades to the Registrar by established deadline. · Performs end-of-the term procedures by preparing the classroom for the next term.· Provides annual documentation of continuing professional growth.
- Teaches courses as assigned by the Department Chair/DOE/Academic Dean.
- Utilizes unit and daily lesson plans.
- Utilizes a variety of supplementary resources (i.e. instructional technology, guest speakers, field trips, current articles and literature, discipline specific equipment, etc.).
- Maintains laboratory and classroom organization and cleanliness.
- Monitors classroom and student safety and immediately report safety concerns to appropriate manager.
- Actively engages in retention activities including documented communication with both students and administration regarding attendance and progress.
- Submits assigned grading and attendance documentation on deadline.
- Provides assistance for the planning, development, and maintenance of program curriculum.
- Works with the Department Chair/Director of Education/Academic Dean to resolve student concerns.
- Attends scheduled company meetings, in-service workshops and faculty meetings and incorporate learned concepts into classroom instruction.
- Participates in Advisory Board activities coordinated through Career Services and the DOE/Academic Dean.
- Adheres to and supports school policies and procedures as referenced in the employee handbook, faculty handbook, and catalog.
- Attends graduation and orientation ceremonies.
- In case of emergency, provides a qualified, prepared substitute who must be approved by your Department Chair prior to class. Where coverage exists under Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) or the employee seeks a leave of absence or modified work schedule or other reasonable accommodation under the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) or applicable state laws, or where the employee's absence is otherwise covered under state workers' compensation laws, employees are not required to find a substitute to cover such qualifying absences.
- Performs such other duties as may be specified by the Department Chair/DOE/Academic Dean or the School Director.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Documented expertise in academic area as demonstrated by data sheets, diplomas, transcripts, certifications, resume
- Expertise in interpersonal and oral presentation/written communication skills
- Minimum of 3 years of significant program related/industry experience for Technical Instructor
- Appropriate program licensure, as well as relevant certifications, work experience and Associates, Bachelors or MS Degree as per accreditation and state licensing procedures. Specific requirements may vary depending upon state and accrediting commission regulations.
- Depending on the program taught, a certificate, diploma or degree at the same level as conferred for the program taught. The general education instructor must have a master’s degree and 15-18 semester masters level credits in the subject taught or a master’s degree in the subject taught.
- Post secondary teaching experience preferred
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Team player who demonstrates initiative, dependability and reliability
To Apply Visit Education Affiliates, Inc.
RN with Nursing Home experience and Trainer Certification is a plus