Get new similar jobs by email for
Storage Engineer 2
Modis is seeking a Storage Engineer 2, This is a 6 month contract that can extend into late 2014. The hours are 2pm till 10:30 For our client in the Sacramento Area. This position requires 3 years of experience with Disaster recovery and SAN host migration In a high availability environment within Health care. If you are interested in speaking with me about this position Please contact me directly email@example.com Neil Corp, Modis IT
Storage Engineer 2
Experience in a storage and backup high availability environment 3 years
Brocade/Cisco SAN Switches and IBM, HP, Hitachi, EMC, NetApp and SUN Disk Subsystems
Storage Resource Management tools, Backup & Recovery tools and Disaster Recovery systems
Experience within a healthcare environment 3 Years
Knowledge of storage performance, data replication, SAN based backup, load balancing, storage virtualization methods and SAN zoning/provisioning
Provides administration, technical support and engineering for the Our Client in Health Enterprise Storage Environment (SAN Storage and Backup & Recovery). Specific deliverables for Operations are successful backups, service request, handling and incident management in terms of overall availability/performance. Project deliverables include system specifications, implementation plans, documentation, ongoing performance management and capacity planning for the existing devices within the Storage Environment. This includes the allocation of SAN Storage and Backup resources, storage migration activities, upgrades and reporting functions to meet negotiated service levels. These services require 24x7x365 high availability environment. High level of operational support is required including on-call rotation and off-hour deployments.
Storage provisioning and maintenance
• Under direction allocates SAN storage to Unix and Windows systems via redundant switches with the appropriate zoning and LUN masking.
• Supports Multi-Client SAN and TSM Backup Environment within general guidelines, manages priorities based upon severity, work-flow and time constraints.
• Configures and maintains LUNS and Zones.
• Under direction implements and maintains all associated hardware including Fabrics, Disk Arrays, Tape Library, TSM Master Servers and related Tape Infrastructure.
• Under direction assists in implementation and support of SAN attached application servers.
• Under direction participates in the migration of data between storage frames and storage tiers via host or storage controller based software.
• Collaborates with other Systems, Automation, Networking and Applications staff to resolve technical issues as required.
• Effectively applies problem management procedures towards quick and effective problem resolution, fulfilling all appropriate post-incident documentation in a timely manner.
• Under direction participates in the development of enterprise storage plans and technology standards.
• Participates in requirements gathering and issues development for potential Engineering efforts.
• Under direction participates in generating project schedules in cooperation with Operations, Engineering and Architecture to deliver storage for the enterprise.
• Operates and maintains the hardware and software related to Tape Drives and an Enterprise Tape Library from a variety of vendors.
• May be required to review and maintain backup exception reporting. Develops and remediates any backup issues.
• Analyzes performance statistics at the disk frame and host level to verify disk I/O health and identify any bottlenecks.
• • Establishes process to collect performance data, format into a “user-understandable” report and distribute to a list of customers. 65%
• Storage life cycle management responsibilities
• Under direction participates in hardware microcode levels. Works with the vendor to ensure the timely delivery of microcode reports, and facilitates internal Change Management requirements for this external support staff.
• Under direction participates in quarterly, monthly and as needed hardware and software patches which will be deployed through the internal Change Management process.
§ Under direction participates in hardware and software upgrades and patches. Researches “Generally Available” code levels. 10%
• Capacity Planning data collection, analysis and planning
• Under direction collects and reviews capacity data to ensure the continuous availability of service and best utility of our client in Health’s capital assets.
• May be a team member called on to suggest strategies and advise management in both short and long term capacity management.
• Under direction collects capacity data, format into a “user-understandable” report and distribute to a list of customers.
• Under direction collects and reviews capacity data to ensure the continuous availability of service.
• • Processes and distributes utilization reports. 10%
• Provides level 1 and level 2 operational support, incident management and problem management resolution
• Functions as a member of the on-call rotation team.
• May be required to work off-shift hours due to project installations or data migrations.
• Adheres to Change Management policies and established enterprise standards.
• • Adheres to security processes and policies. 15%