Get new similar jobs by email for
Strategic Business Developer
Spirent is a leading provider of live service assurance test and diagnostic solutions. We are advancing the service assurance of live networks and services while enabling our customer base to do more with less through advanced GUI, automation, and full time performance monitoring tools. Spirent's solutions have been deployed by leading telecom and MSO operators in the US, Europe, Mexico, Canada and Asia.
We are currently seeking a Strategic Business Developer to join our Marketing team at our office in Frederick, MD. This position provides a great opportunity for the right candidate to make a meaningful impact to Spirent, its customers, and to the telecom industry.
· Oversees the development of strategic market/product line business plans and marketing programs to support sales in designated market segments.
· Identifies volume and strategic customers.
· Develops partnerships.
· Analyzes market data to identify trends/opportunities for new development and investment.
· Develops strategic direction from market information and creates compelling market analysis presentations.
· May conduct make-versus-buy analysis from a partnership/acquisition perspective.
· Undergraduate degree in a business or technical field; MBA or advanced degree in a technical field preferred.
· A minimum of 12 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 8 years and a Master's degree; or a PhD with 5 years experience; or equivalent experience.
· Experience working on cross-divisional teams.
· Experience with Microsoft Office Products (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook) is required.
· Ability to present effectively to all organizational levels (user to Executive) both internal and customer.
· Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
· Must be a self-starter and have strong work ethic.
· Must be able to meet deadlines.
· Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to work independently and with a team.
Spirent Communications – Inspiring Innovation – Enriching Life
Spirent Communications is where the world’s leading communications companies turn when they need to accelerate their time-to-market for next-generation communication systems. In fact, every significant industry test in the last six years has used Spirent's test systems as the benchmark. We are continually recognized by customers, industry, press, and technology associations for our innovative thinking and our ground-breaking products. The communications market has untapped potential. The boundaries of how fast, far, and accurately voice and data can be transmitted have yet to be reached, or even defined. Spirent solutions are paving the way for tomorrow’s communications.
The atmosphere at Spirent is innovative, creative, and technically challenging. We are always looking for new employees with exceptional abilities, vision, and commitment levels to join our team.
If you want to work with truly bright and motivated people—and be a part of an industry-leading company that's helping to revolutionize communications technologies—this is your opportunity. Our focus on employee satisfaction stems from a core belief that market-leading products start with one thing: market-leading people. At Spirent, we offer more than jobs, we offer unique career opportunities. We can do this because we are large enough to encompass a breadth of possibilities, while being small enough for you to be noticed and recognized. Are you innovative enough to work at Spirent?
Apply directly at:
Spirent Communications | North American Recruitment
Recruiter: Tracy Ann James
Linked In: www.linkedin.com/in/tracyannjames
Join the Spirent Team!