Get new similar jobs by email for
Strategic Sourcing Leader
Strategic Sourcing Leader
A Strategic Sourcing Leader is required to develop and deploy global procurement supply chain strategies in conjunction with key stakeholders within and outside the Global Procurement Organization. They must achieve the best cost, quality, delivery and technology requirements in support of Haas Automations product and manufacturing goals, and ensure global opportunity and leverage is harnessed. The Strategic Sourcing Leader is expected to be highly responsive and customer focused as follows:
· Development and deployment of global sourcing strategy
· Risk Assessment of supply chain
· Selection and qualification of candidate suppliers
· Contractual negotiations
· Buying components
· Assuring and controlling deliveries
· Periodic supplier assessment
· Benchmarking suppliers / market
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Organize and implement, in coordination with key stakeholders purchasing strategies for sourcing programs consistent with company guidelines.
· Coordinating major projects through management of vendors and commodities, which entails negotiating with suppliers for pricing, terms, and conditions.
· Ensure on-time delivery of purchased goods and services, while maximizing working capital efficiency.
· Coordinate supplier selection, qualification, and evaluation with other departments.
· Interviews and confers with current and prospective suppliers to determine supply capabilities, transportation logistics, and inventory control and management.
· Protect company interests in all transactions via astute negotiation and value analysis techniques for the purpose of achieving cost reductions in the manufacture, distribution or sales of product.
· Contribute to the development of purchase specifications by providing pertinent technical information through market knowledge and experience.
· Coordinate quality matters and engineering changes/developments between company activities and suppliers.
· Drive continuous improvement through Value engineering leadership on components and process improvements in product and packaging.
· Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of assigned areas of responsibility and perform the required purchasing and market research for assigned commodities.
· Study market prices and trends, engineering developments and manufacturing method improvements.
· Communicate information through the use of written or verbal reports, excel spreadsheets, and correspondence to superiors, peers, other affected corporate functions, and suppliers.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor degree with a focus in business, economics, engineering or supply chain or related field; purchasing certification desired.
· Minimum 5 years of experience in purchasing, strategic procurement, preferably in manufacturing with progressively increasing responsibilities.
· Self-starter able to work as team member and team leader, able to achieve objectives and maintain flexibility in approach.
· Able to effectively manage multiple activities simultaneously.
· Strong organizational skilled required, as well as strong interpersonal skills requiring the ability to resolve conflicting interests and obtain cooperation.
· Quality systems awareness.
· Negotiating skills and demonstrated solid decision making skills.
· Working knowledge of and ability to read blue prints.
· APICS and/or CPM certification highly desirable as well as working experience in MRP/ERP.
· Computer expertise in MS Office, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel; familiarity with Microsoft Project and Access a plus.
· Travel requirements approximately 30 %; must be able to travel both domestically and internationally.
· Additional Foreign language skills preferred.