Panasonic Avionics is the world leader in in-flight entertainment and communications, with most systems installed, most airlines served, and the industries deepest knowledge base, developed with over 25 years of consistent product innovation and committed customer service.
Develops, implements, and maintains world class manufacturing methods, processes, and operations for new and existing products to assure the highest level of customer satisfaction and to meet the profitability objectives of the Company. Responsible for process development, and ensures that “design for manufacturing” concepts are achieved through concurrent engineering practices. Work with design engineers and procurement personnel in resolving design problems during and after product introduction.
• Provide design direction and make design altering decisions to manufacturing, providing technical support for assembly.
• Develop concepts, follow designs, audit construction and help debug production flow.
• Develop manufacturing processes and layout, fixture and tools, product assembly routers, and work instructions for the assembly of electromechanical devices.
• Participate in the development and implementation of training of programs for production personnel.
• Interact with vendors to resolve technical, quality and design issues.
• Work with design engineers and procurement personnel in resolving design problems during and after product introduction.
• Formulate problem data, collect and explore options and select design alternatives, justify, recommend and present problem solutions.
• Estimate Production times, staffing requirements and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
• Document and review process with each first piece sample. Determine tooling requirements.
• Implement Lean tools on the assembly lines.
• MRB (Manufacturing Review Board) – Supply disposition direction and have signature authority for Manufacturing.
• CRB (Change Review Board) – Supply assistance in clarification related to Structures Operations Support activities.
• Manufacturing Redline Support – Provide documentation generation in support of manufacturing and other Structures organizations.
• Support next level management with the development of “continuous improvement” strategies to increase overall product quality, on-time performance and overall product performance in Structures Operation.
• Immediately identify, resolve and/or elevate operation problems which directly impact design, cost and/or program / project schedules.
• Familiar with QA methodology and ISO 9000.
• Knowledge of Electro-Mechanical Assembly and Testing, in mechanical part and process design and analyzing engineering statistics.
• Knowledge of vendor certification and quality audit.
• Must possess strong ability for communication skills on a daily basis through means of verbal, e-mail, presentation, etc. with shop floor personnel, engineering, manufacturing management, procurement, outside vendors, etc.
• Must possess excellent analytical and problem solving skills in a multi-discipline, multi-cultural, dynamic environment.
• BS Degree and 10+ years of Manufacturing Engineering exp. in the electro-mechanical environment required.
• Experience in the practical application of Six Sigma SPC Techniques and / or Lean Tools and Techniques is highly desired.
• Ability to travel International and Domestic up to 25%.