Get new similar jobs by email for
Commercial / Construction Supe...
Travel Involved: Travel Required
Job Experienced: Min. 3 years
Classification: Full Time
Ohio Applicants Only - Immediate Availability
Supervising the field construction of commercial projects including its organization, planning, and scheduling in order to complete the work on time, within budget, and to quality specified. Reports to the General Superintendent.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement site planning, logistics and procedures for the execution of the projects.
- Develop and implement quality assurance and control procedures.
- Ensure the work performed complies with all requirements of the contract documents and specifications.
- Develop and implement work schedules identifying the critical path including the expediting of scheduled critical materials and equipment for their timely delivery to site.
- Coordinate, direct, and monitor the activities of subcontractors, suppliers, direct labor and material.
- Obtain all necessary permits for temporary use and construction purpose.
- Coordinate as required the activities of inspections agencies.
- Handle job labor relations
- Establish and enforce a comprehensive project safety & security program in accordance with all applicable safety codes and regulations.
- Perform duties and take on other responsibilities as required.
- Must be willing to travel.
QualificationsAt least three (3) years of building construction experience required. Thorough knowledge and understanding of the general and subcontract documents, drawings and specifications, construction means, methods and materials. Knowledge of construction cost control and basic accounting procedures. Computer skills and a familiarity with Microsoft office suite programs. Strong management, leadership and interpersonal skills combined with the ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing. Ground-up retail construction experience preferred.