Leibovic Law Group, LLP is looking for a highly motivated Supervising Attorney with extensive SSI/SSDI experience for our main office located in Sherman Oaks.
About our Company
Leibovic Law Group, LLP is a sister company to Health Advocates. Health Advocates is a Healthcare Revenue Cycle company headquartered in Sherman Oaks, California. Our emphasis is in assisting hospitals to minimize their uncompensated care by qualifying their uninsured and under-insured patients for Medi-Cal, Social Security (SSI/SSD) and other health insurance benefits. Health Advocates is committed to providing exceptional services and professional representation to its hospital clients.
Health Advocates was founded in 1990 and is California's leading and most effective Uncompensated Care Recovery company. Health Advocates currently has over 350 employees dedicated to serving over ninety (90) of California's public and private hospitals.
Health Advocates offers competitive salaries with great benefits including health benefits, 401(k) plan, 2-3 weeks paid vacation, paid holidays, sick pay, and other perks - EOE M/F/D/V.
Evaluate Social Security Disability cases to determine whether or not the denied claim for social security benefits denial can be overturned. Represent patients in over turn of Social Security denials before an Administrative Law Judge (ALJ).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Responsible for overseeing all legal staff in department
· Responsible for entire inventory of reports
Education and Experience Requirements
· At least 5-7 years experience representing claimants for Social Security claims
· Knowledge of the 5-step sequential evaluation process
· Able to handle a high volume of cases on a daily basis
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Prior governmental programs experience desired
· Admission to California State Bar or Qualified Social Security Representative
· At least 5 years of management experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirement
· Must possess valid CDL with insurance and reliable vehicle
· Computer literate with typing skills at 35wpm or better
· Ability to prioritize multiple projects
· Excellent customer service skills
· Willing and able to travel
Position Type: Full-time; Exempt
Salary: Competitive + Bonus
This position requires access to confidential protected health information (PHI). This employee is expected to protect the privacy of all PHI in accordance with Health Advocates’ privacy policies and procedures and as required by state and federal law including but not limited to the HIPAA Security and Privacy Rule.
Although this position requires access to PHI in order to do their work, the employee will have access to only the minimum amount of PHI necessary for the business function, and understands that further use or disclosure of PHI is a violation of HIPAA's Safeguards and those requirements of the Privacy Rule.
Business Hours (alternative workweek schedule)
Monday – Thursday 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Friday 7:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m