Headquartered in Manhattan Beach, California, Kinecta Federal Credit Union is one of the nation’s largest credit unions. With more than $4 billion in assets and more than 220,000 members nationwide, Kinecta Federal Credit Union has member service centers throughout Southern California. After serving our members proudly as Hughes Aircraft Employees Federal Credit Union since 1940, we changed our name to Kinecta Federal Credit Union in July 2001. Our Kinecta name and logo represent our continued commitment to delivering unequalled value to the member-owners of Kinecta Federal Credit Union. Our promise: Every aspect of our organization, from employees, to facilities, to member service centers, to our products and services, will set standards of excellence by remembering that our business is serving our members. And we're committed to doing that better than anybody.
Under minimal supervision, the Retail Services Supervisor is responsible for the supervision and coordination of efforts, particularly on the teller line, in designated Member Service Center. Responsible for operational efficiency, sales referrals, risk management and staff training, coaching and development.
NATURE AND SCOPE OF POSITION:
This position is at the supervisor level and reports to the Retail Services Manager and/or Assistant Retail Services Manager. The individual in this position should be familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures of branch management for a financial institution with 2-5 billion dollars in assets.
The Retail Services Supervisor will be responsible for providing employees timely, candid and constructive performance feedback; developing employees to their fullest potential and provide challenging opportunities that enhance employee career growth.
The following positions typically report to the Retail Service Supervisor:
- Member Services Representatives (all levels)
- Member Service Associate
- Personal Financial Advisors
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages all aspects of member service, operations, risk and sales activities for the transaction based Member Service Reps (MSR).
- Trains and develop new and existing MSR Staff.
- Ensures project coverage of the MSC by adequately staffing the branch, setting appropriately schedules for staff and monitoring paid time off schedules.
- Assists members with new and/or existing accounts and loans.
- Responsible for coaching employees on product knowledge to create quality referrals.
- Must have ability to lead Sales staff to attain sales goals.
- Counsels employees approximately to maximize overall performance levels.
- Handles member request and complaints in a timely, effective and efficient manner.
- Performs a variety of activities on behalf of the Member Service Representatives such as approving time cards, provide overrides for the teller line, assign keys and combinations, etc.
10. Performs a variety of activities of behalf of the members such as processing wire transfers Refund/waive fees, accept Power of Attorney and other request as necessary.
11. Performs a variety of necessary task in behalf of the MSC such as ordering branch supplies, ordering cash for the branch and other operational duties as assigned.
12. Upholds all Credit Union policies and procedures.
13. Primary responsibility for MSR mini audits and vault cash/negotiable audits.
14. Follows audit guidelines to ensure operational integrity of MSC.
15. Lead by example in the areas of member service, sales referrals and teller balancing.
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of sales, business development, branch administration and products and services.
- Knowledge of financial industry rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of Consumer Loans, Home Equity Certification, Auto Lending Class, and cross selling of credit unions products.
- Possess proven sales and service capability
- Proven ability to lead and direct the work of others.
- Ability to integrate and communicate information on a one-on-one basis as well as in group situations and in writing.
- Must have proven sales and service capabilities.
Education, Training and Experience:
Potential candidates for this position must meet the following requirements:
-Associates Degree from an accredited college or a combination of education and experience.
-Bachelors Degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
-Minimum of 2 years of branch supervisory experience in a financial institution or minimum of 3 years experience at the senior teller level.
Experience as outlined may be substituted for education on a year-for-year basis.
Kinecta Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering challenging positions with competitive salaries. Some benefits available are: health, dental, and vision plans; holidays and paid time off; matching 401(k) plan; education reimbursement plan; employee assistance program; and Employee Financial Services package offering discounts on Kinecta products and services.
Please apply at www.kinecta.org