SUPPLIER DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER
Assess and Improve Supplier business / quality systems; Provide problem resolution support; Train new suppliers to become proficient with key Polaris systems. Strong problem-solving skills; knowledge of manufacturing processes and quality systems / tools are critical to success. Position will have a heavy emphasis in castings and machining.
Conduct New Supplier On-boarding training
- Trains new suppliers to become proficient with key Polaris Purchasing and Quality Processes / Systems
- PQR’s; PPAP’s; Corrective Actions; Metrics; Contacts / Communications; Planning Supplement; ASN’s; etc.
- Conducts follow up training assessments on-going to determine organizational gaps that require improvement
Provide Advanced Quality Training and Assessment
- APQP; FMEA; Measurement Analysis; Capability Studies; etc.
- Monitor on-going effectiveness and provide direction for improvement.
Development of poor performing Supplier’s Quality and Business Systems
- Assess process / quality systems gaps at Tier 1 and 2’s
- Apply focused improvement plans with a documented timeline
- Reinforce appropriate training and tools required to elevate performance
- Advise Polaris Purchasing Agents of problematic / uncooperative progress
Execute Production Process Problem Solving
- Root cause analysis and corrective action implementation utilizing one of several tools – 8D; Toyota Problem Solving process; etc.
- Implement necessary 3rd party actions for containment or future problem exposure to protect Polaris assembly plants
Perform New Supplier Candidate Evaluations
- Perform overall quality / business system audits of candidate Suppliers to assess fitness for use by Polaris.
- Make recommendation for use or rejection including gap assessment and development needs.
Execute and Report Program / Project Management Tracking
- Monitor progress of Supplier results towards goals for improvement and implementation.
- Report results to program launch leads and Supervisor.
- Take appropriate actions when progress to goals are not met.
- BS Degree in Engineering or Technical field required and minimum of 5 years of SDE, SQE, Operations / Design Engineering experience.
- Proficient in the use of basic and advanced tools of quality - Statistical Process Control (SPC); Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T); Measurement System Analysis (MSA); Advanced Quality Planning (AQP); and Production Part Approval Process (PPAP).
- Quality System / Manufacturing Process Auditing experience and knowledge of QS 9000/ TS 16949 requirements.
- Strong team and / or autonomous technical problem solving skills.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written). Must be proficient with documenting technical experiences including root cause analysis and corrective actions / problem resolution plans.
- Component experience with plastics; rubber; casting; machining processes; electronics; and assembly of whole goods.
- Systems level experience / exposure with fuel; brakes; steering; cooling systems.
- Ability to develop collaborative working relationship with Polaris Engineering; Plant Quality; and Purchasing functions as well as with a diverse / global supply base.
- Flexibility to travel 30 – 50%, domestically and internationally, to supplier locations and work with all levels of internal and external employees (Top executive level to Manufacturing operator level).