Atrium/MAQUET is a diversified healthcare company with excellence in balloon expandable covered stents, local drug delivery, soft tissue and hernia repair, market leading chest drainage devices, and novel vascular graft technologies. It is expected that Atrium/MAQUET’s diversified product portfolio will continue to provide strong company growth throughout the decade.
With the dedication and determination of hundreds of talented employees, Atrium/MAQUET will remain focused on its mission to satisfy a global healthcare need. Whether it is a new mobile chest drain for more efficient patient convalescence following cardiac or thoracic surgery, Atrium/MAQUET’s challenge will be to deliver “better patient outcomes” via enhanced product performance in a number of related med-tech industries.
We will continue to explore new and novel ways to help solve those unmet clinical needs with our passion for serving a global patient population. Together with our steadfast partnership with our multi-national healthcare customers, national account providers, and leading edge researchers, Atrium/MAQUET will endeavor to provide the highest level of quality service, code of business and healthcare compliance conduct, customer education and patient care. We will remain focused in those markets we serve and will continue to explore those evolving sciences and new technologies which can provide innovation to those most challenging healthcare issues of our times.OverviewThe Supplier Quality Engineer will insure performance of all required supplier maintenance activities meet current quality needs, and will work to improve supplier performance and productivity.Use Your Skills & Expertise To
- Strategically plan, develop, promote, and implement programs designed to improve supplier performance and productivity as well as reduce overall costs.
- Plans, organizes, and reports supplier performance to provide key information to the department manager and outside departments.
- Participate in supplier selection process and perform supplier audits to evaluate supplier capabilities, quality systems, processes and services.
- Performs validations and qualification of supplier to qualify manufacturing process and overall quality of part/component manufacturing.
- Assists incoming quality and participates in MRB process to resolve internal and external quality audit findings related to purchased products.
- Own and relentlessly drive supplier root cause analysis and corrective actions to prevent re-occurrence of quality issues.
- Ensure primary suppliers have adequate control plans, schedules, and resources to make continued improvements to incoming quality of supplied products.
- Works with Engineering and Quality to ensure that incoming product specifications contain and clearly communicate the requirements needed to ensure supplied products are acceptable for manufacturing and assist in the development of inspection methods and improve sampling plans for new materials an components.
- Identifies non-conformance trends; develops and administers technical investigations and corrective action programs to resolve recurring quality problems.
- Provide technical assistance to suppliers/other resources performing qualification/validation testing.
- Provide statistical support by the creation of supplier related metrics for the purposes of tracking vendor performance and identifying opportunities for supply chain improvements.
- Assists in special projects as needed.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related duties as requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in Science or Engineering, or related fields.
- A minimum of three years experience working with suppliers on quality issues, or five years experience in a quality related field.
- Audit experience required as well as good verbal, written and negotiation skills.
- Knowledgeable in the areas of lot acceptance, sampling methodologies, MSA/GR&R, CAPA, root cause analysis and other statistical techniques.
- Working knowledge to applicable regulations and standards such as FDA, QSR, ISO, and MDD preferred. CQA, CQE, and Six Sigma certifications are a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word/Excel) is required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
ATRIUM/MAQUET is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability
ATRIUM/MAQUET offers competitive salaries, exceptional benefits, and a business casual dress code. We do not accept unsolicited Agency Resumes.
ATRIUM/MAQUET is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and smoke-free environment. Drug screening is required.