Get new similar jobs by email for
Supply Chain Business Analyst
Weil-McLain is a leading designer, manufacturing and marketer of gas and oil-fired hot water and steam for space heating in residential, commercial and institutional buildings. With over 130 years of experience our organization is well recognized in the industry and committed to profitable growth.
Responsible for the support of the Weil-McLain and MEP Strategic Sourcing Department. Gather and present data in an appropriate format for departmental tracking of PPV, YOY and commodity forecast. Provide support and training regarding the JD Edwards Business system, MAPICS as well as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint. Assist in the execution of legal agreements. Create reports from the JD Edwards Business System, MAPICS and Business Intelligence Software. Lead Continuous Improvement Projects and Process Improvements for Strategic Sourcing.
Automate reporting process to allow for additional Supply Chain related responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
· Responsible for data mining, spreadsheet and chart creation for presentation and project purposes using JDE, Mapics and Business Intelligence ( BI)
· Help to maintain the data integrity of the JD Edwards business system and MAPICS as it pertains to
· Assist in the execution and maintenance of all legal agreements for MEP and WM
· Research JDE/Mapics business system errors or issues, to improve system usability and data integrity.
· Help to develop new processes and procedures as well as methods of reporting, while documenting the new process and procedures in a formal ISO 9002 document complete with work instructions and flow charts.
· Assist Strategic Sourcing with cost and usage information to ensure optimal cost savings are being achieved and PPV, YOY cost changes are accurately reported
· Assist with JDE and MAPICS business system analysis, transactions and training throughout Weil-McLain.
· Complete miscellaneous projects/assignments as directed by Director of Strategic Sourcing and help the Commodity managers in reporting cost fluctuations, etc.
· Complete miscellaneous projects/ assignments and requests from various departments throughout Weil-McLain and Marley Engineered products
· Assist with other Supply Chain assignments to include: inventory and ECO/BOM updates
· Negotiate and manage contracts as required
· Responsible for managing projects from kick-off to completion
· Drive continuous improvement of data reporting to allow development and expansion of the role to include managing commodities and supplier relationships.
· BS in Business Field or Equivalent Experience
· 3-5 years as a Business Analyst and/or Financial Analyst
· Experience in BI is preferred
· Knowledge of working with BI software
· Strong PC skills (Word, Excel and Power Point) and thorough knowledge of JD Edwards Business system, MAPICS
· Knowledge of Supply Chain Management Functions.
· Knowledge of MRP Business System, manufacturing, basic accounting and costing functions, purchasing, logistics
· Strong organizational skills.
· Strong written and verbal and skills.
· Strong work ethic with ability to work with little supervision
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines, ensuring completion
· Ability to communicate throughout the company on any given level
· Ability to effectively communicate between departments and plants
Weil-McLain is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Our mission to attract and retain the best-qualified people available, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or veteran status.