Get new similar jobs by email for
Basic Job Function
This position will provide analytical support to projects and production with focus on technical designs from a broader systems perspective, requiring an in-depth level of technical knowledge, expertise, and analytical skills. The Systems Analyst role will research and evaluate techniques for solutions to larger, more complex scenarios; from a wide depth of subjects and shared technologies. Provide design solutions to meet defined business requirements from the systems perspective. Support the creation of specifications for enhancement projects, development projects, and problem requests.
· Provide technical expertise, knowledge and analysis from a systems perspective.
· Provide input on system interface requirements.
· Participate in the Requirements Assessment, as needed.
· Support test related efforts and internal walkthroughs.
· Assess technical complexity of system requirements.
· Validate that solution designs remains aligned to solve stated business requirements.
· Define system level changes as needed to database tables (customer configuration, references, etc…) stored procedures, and other modules to support the change.
· Provide effective communications with internal and external clients on complete designs to deliver system interfaces and screen designs.
· Document full edits for new, updated or removed system level fields.
· Document technical design of the system.
· Document system interfaces between our existing products and 3rd party products.
· Responsible for the development of support documentation and/or training.
· Identify, test, and develop workarounds for problems.
· Responsible for the defining, developing, configuring and supporting computer applications.
· Research and evaluate alternative approaches; recommend efficient and cost effective solutions.
· May require travel (5%-10%) as needed on occasions.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Position requires 2-5 years of experience.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
· Ability to work independently and efficiently complete assigned tasks.
· Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized.
· Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Minimum of 2 years’ experience to end-to-end SDLC lifecycle from requirement analysis to final delivery.
· Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a technical role.
· Exposure to programming, troubleshooting, logic, and Object Oriented Methodology (OOM) & Design (OOD).
· Strong understanding of software design, relational databases, knowledge of SQL and Stored Procedures. Microsoft SQL Server preferred.
· Able to understand high level technical designs.
· Good understanding of business requirements and the ability to translate them into specific technical software requirements.
· Requires some hands on IT software development skills and knowledge
· Able to research issues dealing with 3rd party products and other new technologies.
· Maintains strong attention to detail in high-pressure situations.