PROBATIONARY EMPLOYEES ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO APPLY
FOR VACANCIES DURING THEIR PROBATIONARY PERIOD.
All education that is indicated on your application must be
supported by attaching a scanned copy of your high school
diploma,high school transcript or college transcript.
Position: Systems Engineer II
Location: Technology Services
- High School diploma.
- Four (4) years’ full time experience providing network management support within a large scale network infrastructure including backup and restore functions, virus protection, patch remediation, implementing/administering Microsoft Server 200x and active directory services.
- Current MCSE, VCP or BS degree in computers or information/system technology.
- Six (6) years’ experience administering Microsoft Server 200x and active directory services may be substituted for the MCSE/BS/VCP.
- Experience with programming scripts such as VBS or PowerShell.
- Two (2) years’ experience implementing server virtualization technologies (VMWare, Hyper-v) and two (2) years’ experience implementing Microsoft Exchange or other messaging systems.
- Ability to work off-hours as needed/required.
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Capable of performing the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university (Information Technology related field).
- Experience architecting and implementing virtualization technologies.
- Experience designing applications and/or experience with various programming languages.
- Experience implementing and administering Storage Area Networks.
- Experience with Microsoft SCCM and/or Microsoft Systems Center Operation Manager.
- Experience administering SQL, implementing SQL clustering and managing SQL database backups and restoration.
- Experience designing and implementing Microsoft Lync, Microsoft SharePoint or other collaboration technologies.
- Experience architecting and implementing high availability systems.
- Work experience in K-12 educational setting.
- Familiarity with the FCPS policies, goals and programs.
The Systems Engineer II designs, architects and implements complex hardware deployments, software installations/upgrades and significant operational initiatives including highly available web services, Storage Area Networks, SQL databases, Microsoft Active Directory Infrastructure, messaging systems, and other application services. Reporting directly to the Supervisor of IT Infrastructure and Security, the Systems Engineer II performs the following duties:
- Manage the day-to-day operations of data center assigned staff and resources including scheduling upgrades and maintenance that minimally impact core business and instructional functions. This will include performing off hour upgrades, installing patches, service packs, troubleshooting, etc.
- Perform project management responsibilities including budgeting, RFP development, Disaster Recovery planning, etc.
- Perform Multi-tiered incident, change management and problem resolution.
- Securely design and implement key IT infrastructure including scalable web services, Storage Area Networks, internet/intranet services, SQL databases, server virtualization, messaging systems, Active Directory, File Print, and other servers and services.
- Monitor faults, performance, and capacity issues; prepares remediation reports and documentation.
- Proactively researches, analyzes, identifies, and resolves trends of utilization or errors.
- Program, design, and implement applications and scripts to facilitate and automate operational tasks such as disaster recovery, backups, reporting, import/export of user and student information, account maintenance, Active Directory administrative, etc.
- Continuously identifies opportunities for process and quality improvement and implements applicable technologies and/or process changes.
- Architect and implement highly available infrastructure including design and test of clustered/fail-over services, fault tolerance, disaster recovery, load balancing, etc.
- Architect and implement systems management and proactive monitoring tools.
- Integrity verification, performance tuning, backup, restore, and maintenance of enterprise SQL databases.
- Implement and oversee large, complex backup systems using OST, NDMP, data deduplication, replication and snapshots technologies. Protect all systems and end user data: schedule and maintain onsite and offsite backups, review backup logs, develop and maintain backup procedures, documenting recovery plans and implement new backup technologies.
- Document all system administration processes and installation procedures.
- Remain technically current and competent by learning new technologies and completing certifications.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Supervisor of IT Infrastructure and Security.
- Support Salary Scale, Grade 20, 12-month position (260 days – 8 hours/day)
- Minimum Starting Salary $104,997 annually
Apply: To apply for this position, please fill out the online application by going
to http://www.applitrack.com/fcps/onlineapp/default.aspx?all=1. Current support employees must also apply online.
Deadline: Open Until Filled
* FREDERICK COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS EMBRACES THE SPIRIT
AND REQUIREMENTS OF EQUAL OPPORTUNITY *