The Senior Windows Server Engineer is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of server hardware and software and related infrastructure. The ideal candidate will work with all team members to ensure quick and accurate resolution of server issues, via phone, ticketing system and email support, and work to establish on-going stability in the infrastructure.
- Participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure.
- Ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational standards.
- Must be ready to work in a dynamic environment where change is the norm.
- Utilize provided knowledgebase workflow and documentation standards.
- Operate as a subject matter expert and act as the escalation point for issue resolution and customer escalations.
- Primarily focused on Windows Server and VMware virtualization services.
- Monitor windows/VMware environment for anomalies and errors, reporting and escalation of issues.
- Provide the required daily support, maintenance, and management of the platforms.
- Provide Level III support and repair, as well as escalation to the IT Development and Executive Management Team.
- Manage enterprise applications responsible for server builds, patch management, virtual machine management, virus scanning, etc.
- Develop and maintain high standards in establishing procedures and policies to address routine jobs and certain resolution protocols.
- Meet or exceed SLA obligations consistently and on an ongoing basis.
- Allow for accurate metrics to measure response time, meet BCP requirements for offsite access, and reduce the time needed to address hardware/software failures.
- Provide 24x7 On-call Escalation Support.
- Track issues and their resolution in incident management system.
- Work with members of various departments to resolve solution related issues.
- Regularly update clients regarding the resolution and/or status of pending issues.
- Other assignments as required.
- 3+ years of Windows Server and 2+ years VMware experience.
- High confidence level.
· Outstanding organizational skills: ability to manage/prioritize multiple clients simultaneously, learn on the fly as necessary.
- Proven problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
We are seeking people interested in long-term employment and career advancement inside our company. the compnay is a Mark Cuban company.