Get new similar jobs by email for
Reports To: Sr. Network Engineer (NOC King) with solid line to Director of IT
A qualified Managed Services Professional participates as a team member of the IT department that is responsible for 24x7 operational support of client sites and corporate infrastructure by providing hardware, software and application support as well as the troubleshooting of servers and network devices. This role is responsible for new/existing client IT assessments. These assessments are instrumental in developing the Get Healthy projects that allow for successful MSP success. The Managed Services Professional must utilize their significant experience to provide managed technology support services for Rx's clients, and be accountable for creating and maintaining standards, policies, procedures and documentation and ownership of systems.
NOTE: This job expects the Systems Engineer to touch and understand multiple environments.
Duties and Responsibilities
· High level technical services
· Perform IT assessments
o Build as is documents
o Build Network Topology Diagrams
o Build Get Healthy or to be documents
· Plan and implement multifaceted client integration projects
· Testing, installation and implementation of upgrades and configurations including, but not limited to:
o Firewall Security (Cisco ASA, Cyberoam, other)
o LAN Switching. (VLAN, L3 routing, QOS)
o Windows Server Installations and Upgrades
o Terminal Servers and Terminal Server Clustering
o Microsoft Exchange Installations and Migrations
o Virtual Environments
o Virtual Environment Backup and Replication
o Cloud Environment Backup and Replication
o Technical research / product evaluation
o Serve as a technical resource for fellow Team members
o Any other assignments and job responsibilities as assigned by leadership team
Client Facing Duties and Responsibilities
· Answer client calls and service requests in a timely manner
· Report time in time collection system
· Provide clients with project status reports
· Attend meetings on account management and formal presentations
In addition to the above duties, this position may include:
Assist personnel of other departments as a computer resource. Provide on-the-job training to new department staff members. Provide computer orientation to new company staff.
Process Improvement, Network Assessment and special projects. Specify needs and oversees the development of solutions and system processes working with in-house or contract resources. Work as a team to ensure best practice, well thought out and best solution. Develops documentation and training of/for client staff in use of new network configuration, application and process.
Responsible for Installation, configuration, support of wireless peripherals and access points.
Knowledge / Skills Requirements:
· Must possess knowledge and experience in configuring and troubleshooting complex IT issues including network administration, Windows Server, Windows Workstations, Operating systems, AD, Exchange Server, Wireless Technology, Cisco, Cyberoam and related infrastructure.
· Familiarity with major commercial backup, anti-virus and anti-spyware products
· IT Experience with the following software platforms a plus: LabTech, ESET, SharePoint, QuickBooks, Time slips
· Ability to conduct customer assessments to include documenting the current IT infrastructure and user environment, including hardware and software recommendations
· Ability to meet project management deadlines consistently and on-time. Ability to communicate any changes or inabilities to meet scheduled deadlines to management and/or customer
· Must be able to work autonomously and with minimal supervision providing customer with superior level of support
· Ability to resolve problems independently but also utilize resources when needed
· Ability to communicate internally and externally with vendors, clients and team members in a professional and timely manner
· Manage competing timelines and prioritize critical tasks
· Continually seek opportunities to increase client satisfaction and deepen client relationships
· Be a professional and a positive team player
· Minimum 5+ year’s progressive network experience
Preferred Certifications/ Courses:
A+, Microsoft MCP, Microsoft MCSE, Cisco CCNA
Transportation & Work Schedule:
All applicants must have reliable transportation to visit customers on-site within the Greater San Antonio area, although travel time is kept to a minimum in order to maximize client service time. This is a hands-on job. This position may require extended work weeks (more than 40 hours). This position will require participation with rotating after hour’s on-call schedule. The successful candidate will be expected to have excellent computer and leadership skills, and ensure compliance to all Company and program policies and procedures.
Please include Salary requirements when applying.