Micros-Retail is seeking a highly qualified and experienced Linux Sr. Systems Engineer with strong verbal and written communication skills. This individual should be a *hands on* leader and a team player.
* Lead the design and implementation of complex, Linux based eCommerce infrastructures
* Interact with clients and other internal groups to deliver scalable, secure, and highly available infrastructures
* Actively participate in the mentorship and growing of other team members
* Actively share knowledge and help to develop Fry*s Unix based Managed Service offerings
* Evaluate, define, and document technical standards, processes, and procedures
* Document site configurations, network requirements, and infrastructure topologies
* Help ensure client implementation and internal processes adhere to SAS 70, PCI, and SOX compliance controls and objectives.
* Provide third level support for server/site issues and escalations
* Help troubleshoot and resolve recurring infrastructure related issues
* Participate in internal R&D projects that help establish standards and define new service offerings
* Strong communications, presentation, and negotiating skills. Ability to effectively communicate with peers, clients, vendors, and management
* Ability to understand requirements, develop solutions, and drive execution to meet established dates and milestones.
* Has an expert understanding of a Linux and Unix operating systems; understands paging and swapping, inter-process communication, devices and device drivers, file system concepts (permissions, inodes, symlinks, clustering, logical partitions), and clustering
* Comfortable with all aspects of operating system administration, including configuration of major Unix components, system installation and configuration, fundamentals of security, installing third-party software
* Familiarity with fundamental networking/distributed computing environment concepts; including TCP/IP connections, firewalls, VLANs, etc )
* Must have experience with Unix-based web and application servers (e.g. Websphere, Tomcat)
* Must have experience designing, planning, deploying, and troubleshooting issues in complex, highly-scalable, highly-redundant environments
* Strong organizational, documentation, project management, and communications skills
* Seven or more years of system administration experience
* Candidate must have a bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
* Strong experience with RedHat Linux or CentOS Linux
* Strong experience with Tomcat 5.X or IBM Websphere 6.X+
* Experience with network administration
* Experience with Windows administration
* Experience with MS SQL Server, MySql, or Oracle is a plus
* Significant programming background in any applicable language a plus
* Experience working on externally facing client web sites
* Experience working in a hosting environment under SAS 70, PCI, and/or SOX controls
Micros-Retail is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal as in we all have a chance to be brilliant and we all have a chance to rinse out our own coffee mugs. We prefer working with folks who will do both on a regular basis. Opportunity as in you can make your voice heard. You can learn. You can teach. And the most amazing things happen when you do all three. Most companies put the equal opportunity blurb in fine print at the bottom of an ad because of the law. We boldly state it at the top because we wouldn't be who we are without a belief in the infinite potential of our employees. In addition to providing opportunity, we provide some pretty tangible compensation for your brains and brawn; Competitive salaries, great benefits including medical/dental/vision and 401(k), not to mention the casual yet dynamic work environment, flexible work schedules, high-profile projects, cutting-edge technologies, and a chance to work with people who are just as smart and passionate as you are.
MICROS-Retail, a division of MICROS Systems, Inc., is a leading global provider of technology and services for the specialty and general merchandise retail industry. Software solutions include point of sale, eCommerce, mobile point of sale, loyalty and CRM, loss prevention and analytics, order management, inventory management, and merchandise and supplier management. Services include creative and user experience design, business consulting, hosting, and managed services. Hundreds of retailers around the world—including bebe, Cabela’s, Charming Shoppes, Chico’s, Godiva Chocolatier, Gucci, Guess!, IKEA, The Limited, Payless ShoeSource, Staples, Starbucks Coffee, Vera Bradley, and Whirlpool—rely on MICROS-Retail to strengthen their businesses and deliver results across all retail touchpoints: store, web, direct and mobile. Headquartered in the Boston, MA area, MICROS-Retail has offices and affiliates across the globe. To learn more, please visit www.micros-retail.com.
- US Citizen and/or US Green Card holders are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor candidates at this time.
- 3rd Party Recruiting/Sales calls will not be accepted.
Westmont, IL, US.