Get new similar jobs by email for
Systems Engineer/Associate Sys...
ACI Worldwide, Inc. is a global provider of electronic payments solutions for the world's top financial institutions, retailers and payment processors serving more than 1600 customers in over 80 countries. Customers rely on ACI software and services to deliver reliable, scalable and secure payment services. ACI has an exciting opportunity for a Systems Engineer/Associate Systems Engineer to join our team in Omaha, NE.
Come help define the future of Payments with us at ACI.
We’re actively looking for the right technology loving individual to join our team:
• Have you ever installed Apache just to play with it or run your own personal site?
• Do you run multiple Linux Distros at home for fun?
• Do you constantly revise your scripts as you learn different approaches?
• Do you get caught up in figuring out technical issue, loosing track of time?
• Do you see an idea or problem and immediately begin to think how you would solve, implement or improve it?
If you answered yes to the above, you might be the kind of person we’re looking for!
The Systems Engineering role is primarily responsible for implementing and supporting ACI’s software products in our Hosted Production environments.
• Install leading-edge product code and perform related configuration changes before they reach production clients
• Identify potential issues and recommend areas of improvement for both ACI’s SaaS multi-tenant model and in-house clients that run the software from both a product and OS architecture perspective
• Maintain, support, upgrade, and troubleshoot UAT and Production systems as issues arise or are identified
• Provide appropriate server architecture recommendations/designs when building new environments to ensure they meet product standards and requirements
• Share guidance, knowledge, skills, and experiences to team members, providing technical leadership, and update internally-maintained knowledge repository
• Anticipate and raise project, business, and technical issues to the appropriate resources, log issues and actively participate in their resolution
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Bachelors Degree in MIS or a related field and/or equivalent experience
• Loves puzzles and solving difficult technical problems
• Is not afraid to read code to understand an issue
• Passion for technology and innovation is a must
• Experience working with multiple operating systems (e.g. Linux, Windows)
• Linux power-user experience or desire to become immersed in the RedHat Linux operating system on a daily basis
• Understanding of multi-tiered web service architecture and SaaS (Software as a Service) model
• Information technology or technical support experience
• Excellent communication, presentation and documentation skills
• Ability to travel domestically as needed.
Highly Desired Qualifications:
• Previous experience in a data center or production environment
• Apache experience
• JBoss application server experience
• Web application support experience
In return for your expertise, we offer challenge, opportunity, and an excellent compensation and benefits package in a casual environment. Once you experience ACI, you’ll agree there is no better place to work. To apply visit our web site at www.aciworldwide.com and use job code 6294BR.