Get new similar jobs by email for
TA Superintendent ( Vallejo,...
POSITION: TA Superintendent REPORT TO: Project Manager
DIVISION: Operations ORGANIZATION: R&E
DATE: 02/27/13 FLSA STATUS: EXEMPT
OVERVIEW: POSITION DESCRIPTION
Superintendent is responsible for overall field execution of projects and or turnarounds. Directs the activities of multiple Foreman or General Foreman, knowing each Supervisors limitations, and provides suggestions to crew using personal experience and knowledge to help them understand the proper and safe methods of performance. Plans and executes portions of the job as directed by the Project Manager.
Key Work Experiences/Education:
· Minimum of 4 years construction related experience.
· Minimum of 6 years’ experience in Supervising Shut Downs and general business operations in the Oil & Gas industry, Construction and alternative heavy industries.
· Strong Financial skills, people skills, computer skills and demonstrates knowledge of local and state regulations
Technical/Functional competencies required for selection:
· Assure all Company and Client Policy and Procedures are being adhered to, including
monitoring and training for all site P&P changes or updates.
· Assure that safety performance is consistent with TRANSFIELD and Client’s goals.
· Provide and monitor suggestions for improvement / safety programs.
· Assure the Client’s site is sharing the near miss and best practice data reported from other TRANSFIELD Sites.
· Hold employees accountable for safety violations or non compliance and make sure appropriate disciplinary action is followed.
· Participate in daily and weekly safety meetings.
· Participate in all Transfield R&E and Client Safety initiatives including new Safety training programs as available
· Review and approve job specific safety plans
· Participate in daily and weekly MFO and JHA Audits
· Work with the Safety and training department to ensure employees are current and up to date on all required safety training.
· Share best practices with Clients.
· Assure that budget and schedule expectations are realistic and are achieved.
· Assure that Client’s location has all necessary resources to perform all work to meet there expectations.
· Identify barriers and opportunities to implement best practices.
· Communicate with Client’s location contacts frequently to assure that all expectations are being met.
· Assure that all expectations are defined prior to turnaround start dates and are being met.
· Assure all resource requirements are documented and pre-approved by the client.
· Champion change initiatives that will ultimately improve systems with in the refinery.
· Communicate with Client location contacts daily to assure that all expectations are being met.
· Champion change initiatives that will ultimately improve systems related to a project
· Assure that Transfield and Client’s Quality Control procedures are utilized and consistent with common goals.
· Address quality issues and take appropriate actions to eliminate future occurrences.
· Develop matrix and measurements for tracking rework.
· Complete all TRANSFIELD’s annual Integrity Training Modules and participate in all other annual Management training offered
· Ensure skills assessments and training programs are getting utilized to improve overall employee performance.
· Document and report any value-added performance of Transfield Services
· Develop and implement incentive programs for identifying cost reductions.
· Develop and implement cost savings ideas.
· Develop and share cost savings synergies and opportunities for improvement with Client contacts.
Successful candidate must meet all conditions of Transfield Services Resources & Energy Drug and Alcohol testing requirements as a condition of employment. Drug/alcohol screening is administered post-offer and pre-employment.
Essential Job Functions
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), both the analysis of work and the position description must focus on essential functions and what are actually required and not the ways they are currently or customarily performed. “The term essential function means the fundamental job duties of the employment position the individual with a disability holds or desires.” (Reference 29 CFR §1630.2(n)(1).) The physical demands for this position is as follows: stretching, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching and/or crawling; reaching, handling, talking, hearing; seeing; or other demands (e.g., smelling).
Career Center, http://www.transfieldservices.com/
Transfield Services Resources & Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Partners for Change | We lead the way | We do what’s right | We care for each other | We take responsibility
Consider the environment and ‘Think before you print’