CDSC – Technical Competency Lead
· Possesses the drive to thrive in a dynamic work environment.
· Possesses the expert knowledge to identify opportunities for change and the ability to convey the need for change.
· As a Leader, will participate in all programs and enforces all policies relating to performance evaluations and career development planning.
· Works with the Site Director to help determine new, creative ways to employ teams on projects and distribute responsibilities.
· Handles difficult personnel situations, using appropriate discretion, HR advice, and respect for the individual.
· Promotes Collaborative CDSC through speaking engagements at industry conferences and involvement in local business organizations.
· Communicates effectively throughout the business to identify needs and evaluate alternative technical solutions and strategies.
· Manages multiple concurrent delivery teams within budget and project schedule.
· Tracks and identifies new opportunities to improve our methodology and training offerings.
· Ensures that we consistently deliver superior technical solutions to clients.
· Suggests alternative technical solutions to meet client requirements more efficiently, and/or with greater reusability, and/or longer life.
· Hands-on experience implementing medium to large scale systems.
· Participates in training needs and assists in training tools for team members.
· Manages the development of project teams by ensuring that project tasks are in line with each innovator's career interests.
· Provide concise weekly status reports to the Organization and Direct Manager.
· Define and communicate effective software development lifecycles, regardless of the technology.
· Proficient coder with multiple years of experience with object-oriented languages (i.e. Java, C#, Objective-C, etc.).
· Been exposed to a variety of software development lifecycles (i.e. agile, proof of concept, waterfall, rapid prototyping, etc.) assuring any roadblocks that are preventing them from completing their tasks are identified and addressed.
· Strong database, mid-tier and UI skills with a clear understanding of building extensible and modular n-tier applications.
· Practical experience with REST, SOA, MVC, XML, jQuery, JSON, and WSDL.
· Oracle and MS Sql Server Database practical knowledge.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineer or Related Discipline
· Experience of managed staff of at least 50 people with the ability to grow to 100+
· Minimum of 10 years of experience in related discipline