Get new similar jobs by email for
This is mid level business analysis position on the Application Development and Support team within the IT department. In this position you will work with Software Engineers, DBAs, and QA within IT, as well as with business clients throughout the rest of the company. The person taking this position will be responsible for gathering and documenting business specifications for systems development and enhancements, investigating and resolving issues with our data and applications, and doing ad-hoc reporting.
• Background within Claims or Workers Compensations, preferred but not required
• Must communicate clearly and lucidly with business partners, developers and upper management
• Must have SQL experience; Intermediate to advanced . Experience with MYSQL, SQL and T-SQL required.
• Experience with drafting business requirement documents
• Autonomous, resourceful and a self starter
- Strong Business Analyst experience working with queries, reporting on relational databases (MS-SQL reporting and analysis tools such as MS-ACCESS, Crystal Reports, Business Objects, or SAS).
- Must have experience working with queries and reporting on relational databases (MS-SQL; reporting and analysis tools such as MS-ACCESS, Crystal Reports, Business Objects, or SAS); claims business analysts and writing basic instructions to programmers for more complex data queries required for data analysis, testing reports or data feeds, and have knowledge of current technologies in telecommunications .
o Gather business requirements for systems solutions by interviewing internal clients in business departments
o Reviewing business documents, contracts, regulations, and reports, and surveying problem reports and enhancement requests
o Hands-on analysis of existing systems functions and data
• Analyze, synthesize, and document business requirements as specifications for software engineers and DBAs.
• Research and diagnose reported issues with data and applications, using query and reporting tools as needed.
• Work with clients and IT QA staff to develop and execute user acceptance test plans; work with software engineers and DBAs to diagnose, correct, and retest problems.
• Define and develop ad hoc reports using system data sources and query/reporting tools such as MS-SQL, MS-ACCESS and Crystal Reports, both for delivery to clients and for use in analysis and testing
• Assist in training and support for business clients using our applications