Get new similar jobs by email for
Technical Support Engineer
Do you want to be a part of the success story of a once-small company that made it big in the software industry? We’re looking for two Support Engineers to join our world class support team in our Seattle, WA support office. These people will work closely with our product, development and sales teams to ensure highest quality service delivery to our growing customer base.
Kentico is a software company with 8 years of success in the global Content Management System (CMS) market with over 15,000 installations and over 2,000 customers in 87 countries. Our vision is to be the world’s #1 CMS vendor for Web agencies. We build our success on the network of 1,200 solution partners who deliver our product to a broad range of companies worldwide and we’re looking for talented people to provide technical support to this growing number of partners and end clients using our platform.
The key responsibility of this position is to solve customer issues in a timely and courteous manner. Reporting to the Customer Care Manager, the Support Engineer´s role in providing an excellent support service is essential in the maintenance of our long term relationships with our customers.
· Provide daily support and technical issue resolution primarily via email and phone
· Engage internal resources/teams as necessary to resolve technical issues and escalate where appropriate
· Discussion group and knowledge base (DevNet.kentico.com) management
· Create KB/FAQ articles for customers
· Provide direct technical support and answer questions that may include:
o Creating sample code
o Usage of the Kentico CMS API
o Usage of built-in Kentico CMS features
o Debugging Visual Studio Web projects
o Bug issues and workarounds to them
o Best practice recommendations for designing websites
o System settings recommendations
o Performance recommendations
o Customer issues with backups
o Verifying and submitting bugs to the Kentico CMS development team
· Kentico CMS experience preferred but not required
· Solid understanding of standard computer science concepts required
· Strong knowledge of personal computers and technical proficiency in relevant operating systems, applications and or/or languages preferred
· Preference of candidates with sufficient technical depth to communicate with development and other internal organization teams at peer level
· Technical skills preferred
o Knowledge of HTML
o Database systems (SQL Server preferred)
o Knowledge of ASP.NET, PHP or other web development language is a plus
· Passion for helping people
· Exceptional customer service, communication, problem solving, and technical writing skills are required
· Must have the ability to work independently or as part of a team
· Authorized to work in the U.S.
What we offer:
· Challenging job for a global company
· Opportunity to help us grow the success of the business
· Playing an important part in the delivery of our highly reputable support services
· Working with a motivated team of people who are passionate about the product
If you’re interested, please send your CV to email@example.com.