Get new similar jobs by email for
Ensign-Bickford Aerospace & Defense Company (EBA&D) is a leader in energetic system solutions offered to aerospace and defense customers for a wide array of applications. EBA&D products and capabilities set the U.S. standard and are highly sought after in the international community.
EBA&D seeks an accomplished engineer for the position of Test Engineer, reporting to the Manager of Test Engineering. The position is located in Moorpark, CA.
The Test Engineer position supports environmental and functional testing of development and production products.
· Requirements Evaluation and validation
· Program Scope and Cost Determination
· Equipment / Instrumentation Selection
· Fixture Design and Procurement
· Results / Data Interpretation and presentation
· Method Development, Prove-out and Documentation
· Equipment Troubleshooting
· Preparation/approval and submittal of test procedures and reports
· Interfacing with EBA&D project engineers, customers and other test laboratories
· Off-site test support
· Ensuring proper testing and safety protocols are implemented
· Conduct/participate in test readiness reviews
The successful candidate shall have:
· A BS/MS in an engineering discipline and a minimum of 5-7 years of test, project or related engineering experience. Mechanical and/or Electrical are the preferred engineering disciplines.
· Candidates shall have good communication skills and be able to interface with individuals at multiple levels in the organization. Excellent writing skills are a must.
· Strong mechanical aptitude and problem solving and are required.
· Experience working in an aerospace industry test lab or production environment is preferred. Knowledge of explosive material ordnance devices is beneficial. Familiarity with Military, NASA, and other aerospace specifications. Good understanding of probability/statistics.
The ideal candidate will have experience in a number of the following areas:
· Thermal Cycling & Shock
· Temperature & Humidity
· Temperature & Vacuum / Altitude
· Random & Sine Vibration
· Classical & SRS Shock
· ICP & Charge mode Pressure Transducers
· Charge Amplifiers and Signal Conditioners
· Constant Current Supplies
· Digital and Analog Filters
· Thermocouples, Humidity Probes and Pressure Sensors
· Expertise in all Microsoft applications including Project. Capable with data analysis software such as MatLab and STATISTICA. Familiarity with automated test systems.
The Ensign-Bickford Aerospace & Defense Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, or veteran statu