Get new similar jobs by email for
ThingWorx Sr. Software Enginee...
ThingWorx, A PTC Business, produces a software product sold to a variety of markets, all related to the world of smart/connected assets. The software can be cloud based (platform as a service), deployed on premise, or embedded directly into products. ThingWorx is seeking a passionate Senior C++ Software Engineer to be a key player in the design and development of next generation Internet technology products aimed at the Internet of Things market. Specific emphasis on the design our “edge” technology which integrates with smart connected products and ultimately connects to cloud based applications and services. Other touch points include integration with new customer product software components as well as systems design to deal with existing customer software components.
The individual will be responsible for contributing to the overall product architecture, as well as detailed design and implementation of major product components. Key technologies are C/C++, TCP/IP networking stacks, RTOS and related development tools. Experience with networking infrastructure, wireless and sensor networking as well as legacy protocols is strongly desired. The individual’s primary responsibility will the design and development of quality products. Hands on coding is required.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Hands on product development programming with C++. Design and Develop software components in conformance with business requirements and functional and design specifications, meeting established target schedules. Programming experience in C preferred.
• System architecture. Collaborating with senior team members, the individual will be a responsible for defining both ThingWorx product and customer integration architectures for new components and next generation solutions. This includes technology evaluation - staying abreast of latest technological developments, prototype new methods to improve product quality and performance, and to extend or augment current products. Constantly monitor industry for new tools/libraries to aid in application development.
• Technical review and evaluation of current development activities (code and implementations)
• Assist in the development of standards for design and implementation.
• Provide technical support to internal customers.
• Continue to upgrade technical and personal skills through internal and external training.
Expertise and Knowledge:
• Hands-on C++ programming, with some C experience.
• RTOS application development experience a plus. Windows/Linux experience required.
• Experience with secure networking environments both local and Internet
• Mission critical software applications
• Experience with development environments, productivity tools and languages (GNU, Visual Studio, Eclipse, etc.)
• Object oriented design and development experience, integration with enterprise applications and systems/APIs (REST/SOAP) a plus
• Small footprint, limited resource systems development a plus
• Minimum five years of communications and systems development experience, at least three of which have been working with C/C++ and Internet technologies, which includes demonstrated success in product software development
PTC culture is one of excellence, innovation, empowerment, and caring about our customers, communities, and employees. We have built an action oriented culture of integrity and trust, creating a sense of team spirit at both the departmental and company-wide levels. At PTC, we have great employees and we know that they are critical to the company’s success. PTC benefits are among the most competitive in the industry. While your salary is the major component of your compensation, you also receive a competitive benefits package including: • Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match • Healthcare and Dental insurance • Paid Time Off and Sick Time • Birthday Day-off • Tuition Reimbursement (Canada, India, Israel, US) • Holiday Pay • Employee Referral Program • Management and Employee Training Development • Other Regional-specific Benefits All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.