Get new similar jobs by email for
Tier 2 Desktop Support - IT Op...
The Infrastructure Operation Services (IOS) Team was given permission to establish a variable work team to handle the high-volume, low-severity incidents generated from users or automated system-alerts. The intention is to relieve the Tier II teams of these incidents, so they can concentrate on the medium-high severity incidents.
This role is responsible for working in conjunction with existing team members, assisting in the resolution of any incidents or requests related to our Voice and Data Network, Server, Client PC and Mainframe environments. Experience with BMC/Remedy is preferred – specifically, experience with incident management and knowledge management components. This is not a dispatched role – rather it’s working within Remedy resolving the assigned incident tickets for resolution through remote access or escalation to other tiers. This requires interactions with internal Progressive employees, but not face-to-face.
People in this role are expected to utilize knowledge of the mentioned environments in order to assist internal customers. Tasks include, but are not limited to, resolving hardware/software issues via our incident management process. You’ll be responsible for helping ensure the health and 100% availability of our systems by assisting in the resolution of any incidents or requests impacting outages in our voice and data network, server, client PC and mainframe environments. Working in a 24x7 production-oriented environment, the ideal candidate must be able to work independently and possess the needed knowledge to handle a wide range of IT responsibilities and maintain a high level of attention to detail.
While this request is posted as contract-only, there is potential for conversion to full-time employment with Progressive. We are seeking candidates who have the desire and aptitude to build their technical knowledge/skills through a combination of experience and continued formal education enabling them to grow within the ETS organization. Conversion is dependent on business-need and individual performance; periodic reviews are conducted to determine business need and identify potential conversion candidates.
Target work-break down consists of 100% incident management in a dedicated Remedy queue.
*The Infrastructure Operations Services is a 24 x 7 operation, so shift work is required.
*These roles will initially start on first-shift (8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.) on a 5x8 schedule for approximately 30 days for on-boarding/training.
*Once that’s completed, resources will transition to afternoon shift of 12 noon-9:30 p.m. on a 4x10 schedule. Work days include Wednesday-Saturday or Sunday- Wednesday. The 5 positions would be split with 2-3 working the first half of the week and the remainder working the second half. For example, Noon to 9:30 Wed- Sat OR Noon to 9:30 Sun-Wed.
*Personal preferences are considered when schedules are being decided; however, business-need drives the overall schedule. The start and end-times can be adjusted within an hour either way, but not beyond that. (For example, 11:30 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. Sunday)
*Please indicate if starting on days presents an issue for a candidate.
*Standing commitments (e.g. military reserve duty) are considered within the scheduling process as well. Please indicate if a candidate has commitments such as school or reserve-duty.
Required technical skills include:
• Experience with Routers/Switches (Cisco and Juniper), Cisco IOS, Junos OS, Network Analysis, VPN, Windows Server 2000-2012 Training, VMWare (5.1)
Preferred technical experience in :
• NICE Call Recording, PBX, VoIP, Avaya knowledge, IIS, UNIX/Linux, Symantec NetBackup, Clustering, Comptia, batch operations and MCSA/MCSE certification
Education and additional skills include:
• A Bachelor's degree in an IT related discipline (i.e., Information Technology, Computer Science, CIS, MIS, etc.) is preferred; however candidates with a combination of education (e.g. Associates degree in IT related tracts mentioned above) and work experience will be considered. Work experience must include a minimum of two years’ experience in a technical support role within a professional environment. Please note: Certifications other than those noted under preferred technical experience are not considered additional education.
*While GPAs are not required, ideal candidates will have a minimum of a 3.0 overall GPA.
• Excellent Time Management skills
• Effective teamwork, written and verbal communication skills, analytical and customer service skills
• Ability to relay technical information to non-technical people
• Flexibility, analytical skills, and stress tolerance.