Get new similar jobs by email for
Wireless Services Incorporated (WSI) has been providing quality service in the wireless construction industry for over 11 years. We pride ourselves in integrity, precision and safety. We are involved in many aspects of tower construction and maintenance which include but are not limited to:
· Raw Land Development
· Tower Erection
· Antenna and Coaxial System Installation
· Ground System Design and Installation
· Antenna System Maintenance
· Tower Mapping
· Site Maintenance
· Emergency Site Services
Approximately 75 % of our work is done “out of town” Monday through Friday; because of this, we are in need of trustworthy employees who are self motivated and well regimented. We are willing to train candidates with a construction background or other related work/military experience. Full benefits and simple IRA will be offered upon completion of 90 working days.
The essential functions of a Tower Technician include:
· Clean and prepare job site, tools and equipment, Maintain organization and good condition of tools and equipment on site, in the vehicles and in the warehouse.
· Perform pre-assembly of coaxial cable lines for installation; Measure for designated lengths, install cable connections, hangers, adaptors, and hoisting grips.
· Perform pre-assembly of antenna systems
· Operate and maintain a variety of equipment under the direction of immediate supervisor in a safe and responsible manner
· Install obstruction lighting beacons, and controls. Install coaxial cables from shelter entry ports; mount to ice bridge, trapeze and attach to communication structure (i.e.: rooftop, monopole, self-supporting, etc.)
· Load, unload, identify and distribute materials to appropriate location according to direction
· Perform as part of a team, identify needs and assisting
· Wear all necessary safety clothing as needed such as: gloves, hard hats, eye protection, seat belts etc.
· The above responsibilities represent the major tasks assigned to this position. They are not intended to be a list of all functions that may be required of the position.