What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
We currently have an opening for motivated, dynamic talent who designs, implements, and conducts training programs to meet client needs under general direction. Work includes soft skills and some technical training. Utilizes feedback to enhance and update training programs. This position will work with Training Consultant on development opportunities for the organization.
- Participates in needs analysis studies to determine training needs for employee groups.
- Confers with management to gain knowledge of specific work situations requiring employees to better understand changes in policies, procedures, regulations, and technologies.
- Works with Training Consultant to confer with internal clients regarding individuals, work groups, units or divisions using organizational development interventions to improve communication, management problems and processes.
- Creates course content, lesson plans, audio/visual aids, test criteria, handouts, learning aids and evaluation/measurement tools. Coordinates required equipment and training aids.
- Delivers classroom training and facilitates group workshops.
- Monitors and reports on individual and group feedback to enhance all training development activities.
- Maintains contacts in organizational development and training associations to keep abreast of new training and development techniques and interventions.
- Revises design of training curriculum and methods to improve effectiveness.
- Assists with the monitoring of the training budget to support organizational, departmental, and employees’ goals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 2-4 years of experience in training industry
- Basic knowledge of the principles, training methods, and techniques used in adult education.
- Basic knowledge of group dynamics and human behavior.
- Analytical and research
- Coordinate events
- Coordinate meetings
- Develop office procedures
- Planning and organizing
- Presentation skills
- Written and verbal communication