Job Duties & Responsibilities
The Vice President of Corporate Contracts reports to the UAS General Manager and is responsible for managing and leading the contract management and oversight process of major Federal and commercial contracts with various agencies including the DOD, DOS, and other related federal entities. This position has broad responsibility over contractual matters, while also supporting new business opportunities and growth in corporate strategies. Additional responsibilities include direct negotiations for large, complex, domestic and international contracts, as well as participating in strategic initiatives related to the federal procurement process in evaluating market conditions, pricing strategies, and partnering approaches. The Vice President of Corporate Contracts must be a demonstrated leader serving the Federal, Commercial, and International markets with a proven track record in the administration and management of contracts. The position is expected to collaborate with the UAS Business Area leads to facilitate Key Performance Indicators.
· Manages Contracts functions (Drafting, Evaluation, Negotiation and Execution) such as:
o Non-Disclosure Agreements, Sales / Purchasing Agreements, Sub-contracts, Consulting Agreements, Licensing Agreements, Master Agreements, review of customer proposed terms and conditions
o Distribution Agreements (i.e.; resellers, agents, joint marketing etc.)
o Commercial and Public (Federal, State and Local Municipalities) Contracting
o Build and mentor the AV Contracts Team to elevate their skills in performing highly efficient and accurate contracting management processes.
· Participate in the business development process by providing expertise in contract knowledge, bid evaluation, proposal, and contract negotiation processes.
· Identifies and qualifies opportunities, in conjunction with business development and senior management.
· Actively participates in preparation and assists in negotiation of proposals as appropriate.
· Structure and negotiate commercial arrangements, such as sales contracts, supply arrangements, operation agreements,
· Develop and negotiate joint venture agreements.
· Formulate contractual terms and negotiate and administer contracts in accordance with company policies and procedures, applicable laws and customer requirements which may include:
o Bid strategy.
o Proposal reviews.
o Special project authorizations.
o Teaming agreements.
· Facilitate teaming arrangements as both a prime and subcontractor.
· Analyze and review existing contracts and corporate practices to ensure the maximum value under a given contract is being achieved.
· Provide interpretation of contract terms and conditions to management:
· Prepare reports and advise management of their rights and obligations.
· Recommend modifications in contract contents to management where necessary.
· Collaborates with Senior Management Team to coordinate DCAA, DCMA and other Federal Agency audits.
· Collaborates with VP Business Development to provide BD support and cost proposal compliance.
· Participates in Senior Management Team meetings and other company meetings as required.
· Ensures the company's vision, mission and core values are embraced by everyone within area of responsibility by emphasizing the importance of our core values and how they interrelate the company vision and are integrated into program and project execution.
· Act as the focal point for communication with legal, finance and business team disciplines for resolution of government contract issues and disputes.
Required Qualifications & Background
· Current expertise in Federal and International regulations, and relevant legal concepts.
· Significant senior level experience in directly related International and DoD/Federal prime government contract administration/management.
· Entrepreneurial focus and ability to thrive and excel in a dynamic and technically focused environment.
· Demonstrated business acumen with experience in developing innovative solutions and a successful record of problem solving.
· Capability to contribute to strategic planning at all levels.
· Ability to interact effectively with company management, business area leads, functional counterparts and team members in a professional manner.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation).
· Demonstrated capability working successfully in a collaborative environment that inspires confidence in co-workers and customers.
· Experience in training and mentoring.
· Passion for the work and an ability to keep it in perspective.
· Ten years of directly relevant experience, Bachelor’s Degree (Business Administration, Finance, or related field) or equivalent experience is required.
· Advanced degree preferred.
· NCMA or other professional level certification(s) and/or related contracts coursework preferred.
· Qualified to have access to data and technology that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
· Presently hold or capable of obtaining a U.S. Security Clearance (Top Secret).
This position requires you have access to data and technology that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Applicants cannot be hired until they are qualified to have such access.
Building on a history of technological innovation, AV designs, develops, produces, and supports an advanced portfolio of Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) and efficient electric energy systems. Agencies of the U.S. Department of Defense and allied military services use the company's hand-launched UAS to provide situational awareness to tactical operating units through real-time, airborne reconnaissance, surveillance, and target acquisition. Commercial and governmental entities use AV's clean transportation solutions such as electric vehicle test systems and electric vehicle fast charge systems, as well as its clean energy solutions. More information about AV is available at www.avinc.com.
AeroVironment, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.