Distek, Inc., a rapidly growing leader in the scientific instrumentation field, located in North Brunswick,New Jersey, is currently seeking a Hardware / Firmware Electronics Design Engineer to develop electro – mechanical laboratory instruments for the pharmaceutical field.
The main responsibilities of the position will be:
· Developing project parameters and managing design projects to ensure timeliness of design phase, efficient manufacturing and assembly, low cost and high reliability
· Participating in the development of specifications for new systems
· Layout of analog and digital PCBs.
· Assembly, testing and debugging of prototype microprocessor based systems
· Participating in designing, developing, implementing and maintaining complex software applications
· Participating in the resolution of problems in existing instruments
· Writing application modules/subroutines and drivers
· Developing software test requirements for systems under development, developing and executing complex automated test suites
· Maintaining, revising, and updating current code: including troubleshooting, fixing bugs and improving system functionality
The qualified candidate must have:
· BS degree in Computer Science, Electrical / Electronic Engineering, or other related discipline
· Minimum 3 years of experience in software / hardware design
· Experience with mixed signal design and embedded microprocessor programming
· Knowledge of PC architecture and MS Windows (XP and Windows 7)
· Experience with user interface design, touch screen control and RS-232 protocols
· Ability to work with embedded C/C++/C# (Borland and/or Microsoft) and Visual Basic
· Ability to analyze and troubleshoot failed printed circuit boards
· Knowledge of PCB CAD (Mentor Graphics PADS and dxDesigner experience preferred)
· Ability to work well in a team environment
· Ability to manage and participate in multiple projects simultaneously
· Strong self-motivation, be independent, and require minimal supervision
· Excellent interpersonal, organizational, oral and written communication skills
The following are desirable but not necessary:
· Embedded PC development, Windows CE, heater control and power supplies knowledge
· Experience with DC motors and motion control based on a DSP or MCU system
· Knowledge of USB/LAN protocol and driver/hardware
· Experience working within ISO 9001 regulations and environment
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, and 401(k). Distek, Inc. is an EEO employer.
For consideration, please e-mail your resume with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (732)247-6989. Please include the job reference code noted above.
Thank you for your interest, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Position Type: Full Time