The Senior Help Desk Specialist shall have:
a. Specific and documented experience in using modems and communications software such as NetMeeting, Microsoft remote Assistance and Remote Desktop Connection
b. Specific and documented experience in troubleshooting hardware and-software problems with desktop and laptop computers, scales and scanners
c. Excellent communications skills, particularly telephone skills, and the ability to communicate technical issues with non-technical users
d. Experience supporting data-based applications.
Bachelor’s degree with 6 years of relevant and progressive experience in a distributed computing environment is required. This individual must have demonstrated skills in tools and techniques appropriate to the above job duties. A working knowledge of current computer technologies and disciplines, including PC operating systems and hardware platforms is required. This position requires the following demonstrated competencies:
• Experience in applications where source of data is derived from judgmental and probability sampling
• Customer service skills and the ability to successfully and consistently satisfy client problems and needs when working in a Service Center environment.
• Effective oral and written communications skills.
• Ability to be proactive and resourceful in managing multiple priorities in a dynamic and fluid environment.
• Specific and documented experience in applying software.
• Software Engineering Institute – Capability Maturity Model (SEI-CMM)
• Lean Six Sigma,(LSS)
• AGILE Certified Practitioner (ACP)
This position is contingent upon Proposal/Task Award, budget, and/or customer approval.
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.