Utility Planning Engineer
- Provide exceptional client services with effective and enthusiastic marketing for our Utility Design related services.
- Provide planning and analytic services to clients in the electric utility industry and related customers in the industrial industry.
- Work directly with clients and provide services such as:
- Propose, develop, scope, estimate, communicate, execute, and close out electric power projects within budget.
- Manage and coordinate projects.
- Perform power system planning and analysis evaluations.
- Perform rate, device coordination, and sectionalizing studies.
- Support customer requests for special evaluations and studies involving electric power system products, engineering and economics.
- Bachelor of Science degree in electrical engineering from an accredited engineering school.
- Successful completion of the EIT/FE exam.
- Professional engineer by examination (must have passed both the EIT/FE and PE tests) would be preferred. If not, must be preparing to take the PE exam in the short term.
- Work experience in electric utility industry, minimum five (5) years, primarily in system planning and analysis.
- Experience with most of the following; distribution sectionalizing coordination, rates, system modeling, special equipment application, underground line design, aerial line design.
- Experience with long range planning studies as well as short range plans or construction work plans.
- Experience with software modeling and analysis tools such as Milsoft Windmil, SKM Power Tools, PSS/E and/or ETAP in developing models and using results to develop results and recommendations.
- Experience with rural electric systems and/or municipal systems and experience with industrial systems would be beneficial.
- Experience can be a combination of distribution and transmission planning, with some protection experience being a plus.
- Actual cooperative and municipal electrical engineering experience is a major plus.
- Personality to work with engineering and operational personnel at small-to-medium rural cooperatives and small-to-medium municipalities as well as industrial concerns.
- Problem-solving and client service orientation.
- Demonstrated ability to work with highly technical staff and manage multiple tasks and objectives.
- Motivated and enthusiastic; good people skills and temperament; drive and ambition to set and reach challenging goals.
- People-oriented team player.
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills.
- Confident handling of the appropriate software for design purposes.
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed within the continental U.S.
- Legally able to work in the U.S. (proper identification required).