About the Job
AHON JOB DESCRIPTION
Warehouse Shipping, Receiving, Production
1st and 2nd
Position Summary and Objectives:
Use lift equipment to move products/materials/equipment/etc. as required. Must Ensure efficient production and compliance with all Company quality, safety, and Good Manufacturing Practices policies and procedures.
Essential Job Functions: (list most important first)
· Operate gasoline, liquefied gas, or electric-powered industrial truck equipped with lifting devices such as forklift, boom, scoop, lift beam, swivel-hook, fork grapple, clamps, elevating platform, or trailer hitch to push, pull, lift, stack, tier, or move products, equipment, or materials in warehouse, storage yard, or factory.
· Moves levers and presses pedals to drive truck and control movement of lifting apparatus.
· Positions forks, lifting platform, or other lifting device under, over, or around loaded pallets, skids, boxes, products, or materials or hooks, tow trucks to trailer hitch, and transports load to designated area.
· Uses scanning technology to properly track/capture materials’ movement throughout facility and/or process.
· Unloads and stacks materials by raising and lowering lifting device.
· Inventory materials on work floor and supply workers with materials as needed.
· May weight materials or products and record weight on tags, labels, or production schedules.
· May unload materials onto or off of pallets, skids, or lifting device.
· May lubricate truck, recharge batteries, fill fuel tank, or replace liquefied-gas tank.
· Follow all company and regulatory safety guidelines in equipment operation and work activities.
· Other activities as may be required to meet business needs.
Essential Job Requirements: (list most important first)
· Demonstrated proficiency in use of forklift equipment
· Ability to successfully meet AHON lift certification requirements.
· High School Diploma or equivalency required.
Additional Information or Requirements:
Must be able to successfully pass lift operator certification requirements. Standing for long periods of time; lifting up to 50 lbs.; exposure to noise levels requiring hearing protection.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills that may be required for the position, as requirements may fluctuate within reason based upon the needs of the business.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.