About the Job
A Leading Manufacturing Company located in Middlesex County, New Jersey has an opportunity for an Accounts Payable Clerk who will handle the following responsibilities:
- Charge expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Pay vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verify federal id numbers; schedule and prepare checks
- Resolve purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation
- Insure credit is received for outstanding memos; issue stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Reconcile processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Pay employees by receiving and verifying expense reports and requests for advances; preparing checks.
- Maintain historical records by microfilming and filing documents.
- Disburse petty cash by recording entry; verifying documentation.
- Report sales taxes by calculating requirements on paid invoices.
- Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Maintain accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplish accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Qualified applicants for this excellent opportunity will possess
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting a plus
- 1+ years of experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
The total compensation range for this opportunity is $34,000 to $37,000 with excellent benefits, bonus, and 401k with match. If you are interested in this excellent opportunity (and/or others similar to it) please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (732) 460-0890. Ref. # MO04JKHGY. Visit our website at www.nauticusgroup.com to learn more about Nauticus Group and to view more job postings.
Have a friend or colleague in need of career assistance? Help them and help yourself! Speak to a recruiter today about our referral bonus program.
Nauticus Group is an elite staffing team specializing in placing all levels of accountants, bookkeepers, analysts, tax and audit professionals on a temporary, consulting, or permanent basis. Job titles and responsibilities of the candidates we specialize in placing may include the following: Accounting, finance, bookkeeping, payroll, credit & collections, audit, taxation and operations.