About the Job
We seek a talented, passionate leader - - a sales person at heart who wants to begin a career in Corporate Sales Training to help us further develop and grow our sales organization. This highly influential and inspirational leadership role is responsible for classroom teaching of new members of our field sales team from orientation to graduation. This individual will also work one on one with field sales representatives to improve sales performance through field coaching and training. The Sales Training Manager will be asked to deliver and continually update and improve our current classroom training and companywide sales field development processes. Our Sales Training Manager will work directly with the Chief Revenue Officer and Chief Executive Officer, as well as liaison with HR and the various sales support departments.
· Delivers the AMP Classroom Sales Training program for new sales representatives, an intensive five day sales orientation process that prepares new personnel to be effective selling to established customers and to new prospects immediately upon graduation.
· Assists in the early career development of new sales representatives by traveling with them and providing field sales training one on one in front of customers.
· Determines training needs by observing sales calls; studying sales results reports; conferring with sales managers.
· Implements the company’s existing training best practices in a consistent fashion while regularly developing small improvements to training approaches and techniques that drive improved individual and company outcomes over time.
· Monitors and evaluates training program’s effectiveness, successes, and opportunities for improvement and reports on them periodically
· Accomplishes training and organization objectives by taking on related work as needed.
· Proven track record in field sales, sales management, and sales training
· Track record in designing and executing successful sales training programs
· Comfort executing a well-developed classroom and field training framework
· Capacity to design and lead training workshops, team meetings, and conference calls
· Strong written and verbal leadership communication skills; Ability to plan, multi-task and manage time effectively; Proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint.
· Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent