About the Job
Support the mortgage servicing department by facilitating the funding of loan disbursements, maintaining a closing calendar for departmental use, creating Ginnie Mae and Fannie Mae pools, and facilitating delivery of securities to investors. This position will have primary responsibility for original document collection and review for existing loans, loans in the process of closing and documentation filing related to post payoff due diligence. The Closing Specialist will be involved in the month end close process and may be cross trained to perform any and all duties of the Investor Reporting Specialist to provide coverage for vacations or other absences. The position will communicate frequently with corporate accounting, the warehouse bank, outside investors and internal team members to accomplish its duties and responsibilities.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
· Facilitates the funding of a loan, permanent loans and/or construction advances, by preparation of the required documentation and submission to the warehouse bank or investor when table funded.
· Creation of Ginnie Mae or Fannie Mae Pool by assembling package and submitting to the investor.
· Facilitates delivery of the security to the investor by creating and circulating notification of delivery to all parties involved in the transaction.
· Review trade confirmations for accuracy, obtain signatures, scan, file and transmit copies to appropriate recipients.
· Review draft closing documents prior to closing for accuracy.
· Prepare amortization schedule based upon Note terms.
· Maintain closing calendar and communicate with staff.
· Performs tasks related to investor reporting requirements for Ginnie Mae, Fannie Mae, USDA and/or other investors.
· Troubleshoots any problems with warehouse funding, pool creation or delivery of the security.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities (as required):
· Assist with boarding loans in servicing software.
· Assist team with UCC continuation filings and tracking.
· Provide overall support to fellow employees, team leader and/or management as time permits.
· Special projects as assigned.
· Part of rotational pool who shares back-up support in the absence of receptionist.
· Education – A four (4) year degree or equivalent experience.
· Minimum 1-2 years prior experience preferably with financial services firm.
· General mathematical skills and demonstrated ability to think logically.
· Must be proficient in navigating websites for the purpose of investor communication, pool creation and monthly reporting requirements.
· Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel & Outlook).
· Customer service oriented
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Highest degree of integrity
· Strives for 100% accuracy and compliance with handbook regulations
· Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
· Ability to adapt in a growing/changing environment
· Able to work independently
· Displays initiative
· Ability to multi-task
· Ability to meet deadlines
· Willing to learn and perform any/all assigned duties
· Team player
· Professional appearance and demeanor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Salary: Commensurate with experience
We are a nonsmoking company and an equal opportunity employer.
For consideration, please submit a resume with cover letter and salary requirements. NO PHONE CALLS OR AGENCIES, PLEASE.
Lancaster Pollard’s recognitions for growth, strategic direction and ethics include the “Inc. 5,000” list of the fastest-growing private firms in the nation, Columbus Business First’s “Fast 50”, Ernst & Young’s Entrepreneur of the Year Award, and the Central Ohio Better Business Bureau’s Torch Award for marketplace ethics.
Visit our website at www.lancasterpollard.com