About the Job
American BOA is a member of the BOA Group which is one of the world's leading manufacturers for flexible mechanical elements for the automotive and aerospace industry as well as for a wide range of industrial applications.
The headquarters is based in Stutensee near Karlsruhe / Germany. The U.S. office is located in Cumming, GA.
With its 1.100 employees, the BOA Group develops, produces and distributes flexible stainless steel components for engine management, exhaust systems, fuel systems and side components for passenger cars and heavy vehicles. In the industrial division, the BOA Group delivers flexible elements for applications in the Energy sector, Shipbuilding, Rail and Heavy Engine industry. Customized expansion joints are designed for Petrochemical, Chemical as well as Oil & Gas Pipelines. Precision metal bellows and ultra clean metal hoses complete the product range and offer high tech product applications in the Vacuum, Semiconductor & Magnet Technology market.
BOA flexible elements include both standard and customized products. Individual solutions are developed in partnership with our customers.
Sets up and operates a variety of machines to, weld, form, bend and or assemble metal parts according to blueprint/drawing specifications. Selects, positions, adjusts and aligns torches/dies/tooling in machine(s). Performs hand-welding (GTAW) of metal parts as additionally needed to meet print specifications. Verifies conformance of parts to specifications through the use of mechanical checking aids, and fixtures, as required. Troubleshoots equipment operation, performing minor adjustments and repairs that do not need assistance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Complete shift production paper work each shift at the end of the shift. This may require overtime on a daily basis to assure timely completion of these documents. Communicates with alternate shift production assistant to assure each shift understands issues or changes.
- Assists in the set-up of manufacturing cells and processes as required. Set-up and operate welding equipment to cut or weld parts.
- Set up weld parameters for weld task as hand. Includes proper shielding gas and electrode selection, and current, voltage, wire feed (etc) settings.
- Assures proper weld safety practices at all times.
- Provides training for work team members on all work stations.
- Repair welds for cosmetic and functional rework on production parts.
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Selects, aligns, and secures fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, and materials as needed on machines.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, welding, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications.
- Fits and assembles parts into complete assembly.
- Verifies dimensions and alignment of assembly using various gauges including calipers, dial indicators, feeler gauges, go/no gauges, leak testers, and other customer-provided gauges as assigned.
- Installs replacement parts in equipment, and tests operation of unit to ensure functionality and performance.
- Work with maintenance, quality and engineering to solve production related issues.
- Develops specifications from general description and draws sketch of part or product to be fabricated.
- Confers with engineers, quality personnel, or others to resolve welding, machining or assembly problems.
- Will perform preventative maintenance on equipment and tooling.
A minimum of 2 years previous "hands on" GTAW welding and general manufacturing experience in a high volume, metal fabrication plant. Knowledge of metal fabrication and welding required.
High school diploma (GED) or equivalent. Trade/technical school certification in metal fabrication a plus.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals in English.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Other Skills and Abilities
Demonstrated welding skills with GTAW welding process. Ability to speak Spanish a plus.
Demonstrated ability to work with minimal direct supervision.
Demonstrated history of willingness to work daily or weekly overtime as necessary to support the work demands.
Good to excellent attendance record for last 12 months
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.