About the Job
RN / Staffing Development Coordinator - $5,000 Sign On Bonus
Are you passionate about healthcare, working with the elderly, and ready to start your career with a dedicated healthcare team? Apply today!
Espanola Valley Nursing and Rehab is currently seeking a Staff Development Coordinator (RN) to join our dynamic team. If you are a dedicated health care professional and meet our qualifications, we want to talk to you.
We offer quality care combined with a warm caring and family-like atmosphere where our residents and employees feel at home. As part of the Espanola Valley family you will have the pleasure of working with and caring for our delightful residents who would just love to meet you.
As the Staff Development Coordinator you will function in a variety of settings to develop and maintain the clinical competency of nursing staff to care for residents/patients of various needs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION:
· Plans, schedules and implements clinical training for all clinical staff.
· Develop new training tools, policies and procedures.
· Provides clinical modules during orientation to all employees using the appropriate materials.
· Plans, coordinates, schedules and presents inservices for all departments (mandatory, voluntary and identified needs).
· Coordinates, implements and maintains records of all inservicing for all staff.
· Coordinates the use of educational equipment and resources.
· Performs other staff education duties as required or directed for compliance with State and Federal Regulations.
· Prepares supplementary education materials as required.
· Assesses the learning needs of the staff through direct observation, formal learning assessments and indirectly through review of quality improvement and/or program evaluation.
· Measures the impact of programs and learning activities on staff.
· Attends and participates in inservice training, performance improvement committees, and other meetings as scheduled and directed.
· Assists in orientation and training of employees as assigned.
· Maintains record of individual staff education.
· Perform additional duties as assigned.
EDUCATION / REQUIREMENTS:
· Currently licensed in the State as a Registered Nurse
· Minimum of 3 years directly related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Working knowledge of MDS, care plan development and chart auditing of the nursing process
· Strong oral and written communication and teaching skills
· Strong organizational and time management skills
· Ability to relate positively, effectively and appropriately with resident, families, community members, volunteers and other facility staff
· Must have current CPR certification.
At Espanola Valley, we value our employees and offer them a variety of benefits options:
· Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
· Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, life, and ancillary benefits
· Shift Differentials for Nurses
· Vacation and Sick Pay for all full time employees
· Holiday Pay for full time employees
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, race, ethnicity, gender, religion, or otherwise. Minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply
Please apply online, in person, or call human resources at 505-753-6769.